FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Dawn Frasier at M Modern Dec. 9, I Want to live there
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Dawn Frasier at M Modern Dec. 9, I Want to live there
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-05 6:03 pm   Permalink

Congrats on your show, Dawn! Wish I could be there to party the night away and gaze upon the splendors. So happy for you! Now to get you that intern... Have fun and enjoy this, you've worked hard and deserve it so much!
Loves ya! K~

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-06 12:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks K! wish I could see you and Chloe.

I should be posting a preview of all the finished pieces any day now. Just waiting for the go-ahead from the gallery.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-07 6:09 pm   Permalink

show anouncement posted on the M Modern website
http://mmodern.com/

I've updated my own website .
www.sophista-tiki.com

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-07 8:22 pm   Permalink

"Please join us on Friday, December 9th, 2011 from 7:00pm to 10:00 pm at the Opening Reception for "Where I'd Like to Holiday" - a solo exhibition of original paintings by artist DAWN FRASIER.

Dawn is a highly talented painter that is well versed in the subject of Tiki. Although Dawn has shown with us before in group shows (always selling her pieces even before the show opens), this will be her first solo show at M Modern Gallery. These vibrantly colored painting will leave you longing to be where Dawn just painted.

Dawn Frasier will be in attendence to meet and greet you and Complimentary Beverages and Music will be served.

The event is FREE and OPEN to the Public and we can't wait to see you there viewing these amazing pieces in person"

Can't wait to see you Dawn

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-08 7:59 pm   Permalink

We'll visit PS for Xmas break. Will see the show then

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-09 11:30 pm   Permalink

Dawn's exhibit was exciting, they had searchlights blazing across the Palm Springs sky like it was a red carpet premier in Hollywood. They even had a big flaming "M" in the parking lot, I guess Dawn's middle name starts with an "M"? The event was well attended by the locals - some of whom were quite "colorfully" dressed Dawn's work was all beautiful and really held it's own against works by Shag, Derek Yaniger, and Dr Seuss.

Thanks Wildsville Man for hosting the very exclusive pre-event cocktails with the Artist of Honor.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-10 08:37 am   Permalink

THE POLYNESIA, SEATTLE
12' X 24"
acrylic on masonite
SOLD

NATATORIUM IN A
12" x 24"
acrylic on masonite
$700

AN ERIE RESPITE
12 "x 16"
acrylic on masonite
$500

CASTAWAY CLIFF
9" x 12"
acrylic on masonite
$300

MISPLACED MOAI
9" x 12"
acrylic on masonite
SOLD

VISITORS CENTER IN GLOW
acrylic on masonite
SOLD

CLUBHOUSE BY MOONLIGHT
9" x 11"
acrylic on masonite
SOLD

MY ULTIMATE HOUSE

CANLIS, SEATTLE
acrylic on masonite
SOLD

SECRET SANCTUARY

FAR EAST,.......OF DOWNTOWN
12" x 16"
watercolor on paper
$500

TRADER SO AND SO'S
12" x 16"
watercolor on paper
$500

INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF CENTURY 21
12" x 16"
watercolor on paper
$500

PEKING LARRYS
9" x 12"
watercolor on paper
$300

COCKTAIL PAVILLION
9" x 12"
watercolor on papaer
$300

THE POLYNESIA INTERPRETATION
9" x 12"
watercolor on paper
$300

IDOL BOOKS AND BOOZE
6" x 9"
watercolor on paper
$175

To inquire about any piece still availible please contact Dre or Monet at M Modern
nailor@earthlink.net < nailor@earthlink.net>

[ This Message was edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-12-12 10:26 ]

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-10 1:24 pm   Permalink

Congrats again Dawn, I had to work last night when will you personally be there again??? Or?..... I'm going!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 09:17 am   Permalink

images of the show posted slightly above.
I've had sketchy internet connection here so some information might still be missing.

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 09:36 am   Permalink

Here are the pics of the show hanging prior to event.

flower from Mike

I was too busy chatting during event to take pics but several people did including someone associated with the gallery. so I'm sure they will pop up soon.
I would have loved to seen more friends, but I know Friday right after work is hard for a lot of people.
Rory was host extraordinaire, and spent time entertaining me and getting me form a to b. Thank you Rory. Dirk totally rescued me today from hotel isolation and we went for breakfast foods at Elmers and about town on thrifting adventure- best time I had all weekend! And thank you to Dre, Monet and Jay for offering me this awesome opportunity.
It was a learning experience but now I know I have the big gallery potential. I just need a bit more polishing in the presentation department.
easy enough of a fix.

[ This Message was edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-12-12 16:38 ]

TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 11:08 am   Permalink

Dawn,
Congratulations on your solo show at such a great gallery. I've been following M since they opened and cannot wait to make the trip over. Your work, as always, is gorgeous. I especially loved the cool blue-greens you used so dramatically on this series of acrylics.

Hopefully when I get my first solo show at a classy gallery Mike will send me an orchid arrangement as well...

Congratulations again...

Peace & blessings,
Jason <><

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 3:54 pm   Permalink

I really do want every one of them! I've got one of Dawn's prints hanging in my lounge, but someday I'm gonna get me an original. Great stuff, Dawn.
Congrats,
Rick

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 7:20 pm   Permalink

Beautiful pieces Dawn!
Congratulations!
You deserve it after all that hard work and persistence!
BRAVO!

Make sure to buy RuRu something nice with some of your riches!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 7:29 pm   Permalink

RuPuShmuMagu is sooOo getting a new collar and leash, and maybe something that squeeks.

Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-13 11:34 am   Permalink

It was Great having Dawn in the Palm Springsville area. Her Art fit's perfect with the culture and general feel of a town that respects it's History and try's to keep it alive through the art of there own homes.

also,Dawn is a party animal and couple not be stopped from those crazy RUM drinks.

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation