FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CBS Sunday Morning THIS Sunday Nov. 20th on TIKI!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
CBS Sunday Morning THIS Sunday Nov. 20th on TIKI!
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 12:26 pm   Permalink

So, WHO is gonna be up at 7:00 am on a Sunday!? I don't know what demographic this air time is aimed at, except maybe church-goers, but it can't be the drinking Tiki crowd.

Though I do believe that their interest was fueled by the craft cocktail revival, probably the recent Smuggler's Cove accolades. So I recommended to consult my friend Jeff Berry, but the 4-5 minute segment had only enough budget for one trip, which was to L.A., to make use of the greatest variety of Tiki representations to be found in one area:

They covered the Tiki authority (moi), the classic old cocktail bar (Tiki Ti), a fine home bar (Alan Smart and Michael Uhlencott's Hale Kahiki), and the restaurant bearing the name of the founder (Don The Beachcomber's). I really pushed Oceanic Arts, too, but for their limited time slot it would have been too much material.

I have no idea how this will turn out. I tried to explain the reasons for my love for the subject, but might have ended up a little too intellectual. But they can cut around that, I know Art had lots to share, and Alan mixed them a Beachbum Berry drink, and the Buhen boys at the Ti were expertly slinging their bottles as usual.

Never had that much equipment in my house before! Well, one thing is for sure, I think I represented Sophista-Tiki's wonderful A-frame shirt well.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 12:36 pm   Permalink

Kewl! We watch every week. Best part of Sunday. Out here in the East it is on at a less godforsaken time. Like 9-10:30 or something.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 12:41 pm   Permalink

Hope it will be aired online afterwords. I dont have TV, but I can watch stuff online.and YAY thank you, I'm so proud.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 12:49 pm   Permalink

Very cool, mainstream media mixed with Sven, the Tiki Ti, and Don the Beachcombers. Will be travelling down south this weekend but will get the DVR set for this one. Thanks for the heads up.

DC

(Nice shirt, need to get me on of those Sophista-Tiki originals).

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 12:54 pm   Permalink

Sven, Maybe they will give you a Tiki Show out of this. Who Knows Reality is what TV is about now! Congrats!

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-11-18 12:56 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 1:08 pm   Permalink

Very cool. I enjoy that show and will be watching.

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 1:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-18 12:41, Sophista-tiki wrote:
Hope it will be aired online afterwords. I dont have TV, but I can watch stuff online.and YAY thank you, I'm so proud.

Looks like they put alot of their stories online

CBS News Sunday Morning

So lets hope we Sven at this link afterwards.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 1:11 pm   Permalink

AWESOME!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 1:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-18 12:54, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
Sven, Maybe they will give you a Tiki Show out of this. Who Knows Reality is what TV is about now! Congrats!

I dunno....I babbled a lot...you know, German grammar English....I am a better writer than an M.C.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-18 1:21 pm   Permalink

Must... Set... Alarm...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 4:51 pm   Permalink

setting the DVR, Cool news indeed, Now it's time for a "Montage"

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 5:20 pm   Permalink

Good that someone like Sven is actually going to be able to represent tiki faithfully!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 5:47 pm   Permalink

I hope you were wearing one of my tiki pendants!! If not your in big trouble mister!!

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-11-18 7:45 pm   Permalink

This is one of the best shows on TV. It was one of Tiki-Kate's favorite shows and they actually did a great piece on Tiki-Ti a year and a half ago. I'm looking forward to it.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 10:26 pm   Permalink

Very cool, congrats Sven.

Thank the Tiki Gods for DVRs

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation