FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CBS Sunday Morning THIS Sunday Nov. 20th on TIKI!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
CBS Sunday Morning THIS Sunday Nov. 20th on TIKI!
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 08:21 am   Permalink

Yah but WHERE was the Tiki Ti !? And where was Alan and Michael's home bar!? I talked about home bars and home mixology, what an escape and great game to play Tiki is....It was all so brief....

They must have had not like a 1:6 shooting ratio, but a 1: 16 , shooting sooo much more than what ended up in the piece.

Oh well, I remember hating that when I worked for German NDR TV in the 70s: You get to subject that is interesting, but hen you're forced to rush thru it.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 08:27 am   Permalink

I sometimes actually make the "crack-o-" joke myself!
As soon as the segment shows up online I'm going to watch, cant wait. This is the first time I've really missed having TV.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tulsatv
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-20 08:28 am   Permalink

I saw it, too. Great! I caught it on mp4 if CBS doesn't make it available.

[ This Message was edited by: tulsatv 2011-11-20 09:04 ]

View Profile of tulsatv Send a personal message to tulsatv  Email tulsatv Goto the website of tulsatv     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-20 09:25 am   Permalink

Sven, I am so sad I missed it. I'm hopeful that it will show up on U-Tube. I am super happy to see my Zombie Hut mug on top of your CD shelf against the pillar in this photo. That brought a huge grin to my face.

I hope you got the resin chunk lamp booklet I sent by email this week. If not let me know.

I am looking forward to seeing this in the future. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 09:33 am   Permalink

I did, thank you. I think CBS should shoot a segment about resin chunk lamps -they look so YUMMY!

I did like like their Earl of Sandwich franchises segment, though they should have segued that into the "Sandwich Isles"!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 09:53 am   Permalink

Ok it's up - The return of the Tiki bar

Well not quite "up" but hopefully soon.

[ This Message was edited by: Bora Boris 2011-11-20 09:58 ]

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 09:57 am   Permalink

Is the video available? I was outside raking leaves & lost track of time. DOH!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2011-11-20 11:03 am   Permalink

I thought it was a great overview of the Tiki resurgence. You did a wonderful job Sven...CONGRATULATIONS. Shout out to all the other "stahs" too!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tulsatv
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-20 12:05 pm   Permalink

Just sent the video to Dailymotion: "The return of the Tiki bar"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmgph3_the-return-of-the-tiki-bar_shortfilms

Not HDTV quality, but not bad for my trusty $20 Pinnacle Video Transfer device.

[ This Message was edited by: tulsatv 2011-11-20 12:17 ]

View Profile of tulsatv Send a personal message to tulsatv  Email tulsatv Goto the website of tulsatv     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 1:54 pm   Permalink

I agree Sven. Exactly as I thought also, too much drink, not enough Tiki. But still better than nuthin'. Good job by you!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2011-11-20 2:57 pm   Permalink

It's on YouTube now too...yeeehaaaaw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDLC4jjwIf4

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 3:40 pm   Permalink

Oh goodie!
Since this Sunday it was a food special edition I expected the leaning towards mixology, that's why I specifically talked about the resurgence on the home front, about how people nowadays got into mixing at home in their very own, self-built Tiki havens - which then would have been a perfect lead in to show Alan and Michael's basement bar, where, I was told, CBS filmed them making a Beachbum Berry drink - who I had mentioned as the reviver of the craft earlier!

But when you have to start from scratch and explain the basics, I guess there is not enough room for all of the facets and evolution of the phenomenon. Too bad, but I am certainly grateful for the exposure I got and that they showed my book - and even played a soundbite from the Sound of Tiki (Sabu's flexi disc jingle, that is!)

Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 4:05 pm   Permalink

Great Show Sven. I just got off of work and rushed to my DVR to make sure I recorded it. I did and it looked awesome.

Another Feather in the cap of the Godfather of Tiki.

Rory

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-20 4:06 pm   Permalink

Good job. GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 5:17 pm   Permalink

The Tiki segment was OK, But the Olive Oil & Toaster segments rocked!

(But Seriously) you came across very well Sven, the Tiki segment was too short
But at least was shown in a positive way, It is a mystery to me why the Media
pretty much ignores the "Tiki Revival" It's colorful & has booze to start with.....

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation