Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki Hut Frozen Yogurt
Tiki Hut Frozen Yogurt
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 11:08 am   Permalink

I was visiting Yuma, AZ, and I Googled tiki bar. This frozen yogurt place kept appearing in my results (but sadly, no tiki bars). Very tiki themed... Good frozen yogurt too! Anyone else been to this place? I believe its a chain.

Anyone know of an actual tiki bar in Yuma?

The main sign:

Decor:

Bathroom hallway:

Signs:

Tiki:

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-20 12:46 pm   Permalink

I'm about 60 miles from Yuma. They have some left over Googie but no tiki bars as far as I know.
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 4:19 pm   Permalink

Gotta appreciate the effort! This is as Tiki as a frozen yoghurt place will ever get, me thinks.

And the spreading of Tiki to such urban staples as frozen yoghurt is a boon to the movement!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-20 5:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-20 16:19, bigbrotiki wrote:
Gotta appreciate the effort! This is as Tiki as a frozen yoghurt place will ever get, me thinks.

And the spreading of Tiki to such urban staples as frozen yoghurt is a boon to the movement!

Ditto...wonder if they have rum flavored yogurt.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 5:13 pm   Permalink

Unlikely...but they do serve it here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=40582&forum=16&vpost=596954

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 4:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-20 17:01, VampiressRN wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-11-20 16:19, bigbrotiki wrote:

Ditto...wonder if they have rum flavored yogurt.

I didn't see any rum flavored yogurt, but they had a big selection. It's one of those build-your-own sundae kind of places. Very tasty! It's just tucked away into a large strip mall. I've been to that mall several times and never noticed, until the Google search lead the way. Cool little place. I believe it's a franchise too.

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 4:07 pm   Permalink

I forgot to mention that I asked the owner about the tiki, and she said it was hand-carved, but not locally... It was supplied by the franchising company. I wonder who carves these tikis?

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 4:33 pm   Permalink

Well waddaya know!:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-59974451-tiki-hut-frozen-yogurt-san-bernardino

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tiki-hut-frozen-yogurt-highland

TWO of them right here in SouCal!

But wait, they have competition already, in Oregon!:

...but they are missing that most important ingredient.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-21 7:55 pm   Permalink

chocolate?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-21 9:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-21 16:33, bigbrotiki wrote:
...but they are missing that most important ingredient.

Cute wahines?

The Yogurt Hut doesn't seem to have any tikis but in all fairness, they didn't call themselves "tiki".
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation