FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Home Crawl, March 3
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
San Diego Home Crawl, March 3
SoCalTikiGal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-23 10:12 pm   Permalink

Inspired by the awesome Sacramento and South Bay annual home crawls that have recently taken place again, I'm organizing a tiki home crawl here in San Diego. Why should Nor Cal get to have all the fun? San Diego may not have great tiki bars, but we do have some amazing spaces hidden away in our homes. This a great opportunity to check out other people's collections, get inspiration for your own tiki space or inspire others with yours, and meet and hang out with some other tiki-loving San Diegans!

The crawl will take place Saturday, March 3, 2012. Each home will be open for 60 minutes (with 30 minutes allotted for travel time between each stop). Each host will provide a cocktail, a snack or two, and a nonalcoholic drink option while they let the rest of us ogle their tiki space. We have some really great homes lined up, and this will be an all-day event!

Crawling duties will include "ooo"ing and "aaah"ing appropriately, being a gracious guest, and having a good time. Please PM me with your name and your email address so you can be added to the Evite list. The crawl details (schedule and home addresses) will be sent when they're finalized to those who have said "yes" on the Evite.

**Note that transportation will NOT be provided--crawlers will be responsible for driving themselves to each stop on the crawl, so please plan accordingly.**

Thanks for your interest, and I hope that we can make our first San Diego home crawl a success!

Mahalo!
April

[ This Message was edited by: SoCalTikiGal 2011-11-23 22:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SoCalTikiGal 2011-12-03 08:52 ]

View Profile of SoCalTikiGal Send a personal message to SoCalTikiGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-23 10:25 pm   Permalink

This is a great idea.....would love to attend!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-23 10:48 pm   Permalink

Hoping to attend..sounds fun!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-27 7:21 pm   Permalink

I know that Vista is not particularly close to central San Diego.... but if you would like to hang at my tiki bar for part of this crawl... let me know.

Its open to all of you.

Derek

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-27 7:51 pm   Permalink

If I can get the planets to align (meaning my dead ass and my general inability to get my place in order) I am interested in having some folks over to the Lava-Flow-Inn for this crawl idea. Derek, Vista is worth the trip judging by what I've seen of your place so far.

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2011-11-27 19:51 ]

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-27 8:52 pm   Permalink

I've been looking for an excuse to see both Derek's and Matt's places

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-27 9:04 pm   Permalink

GROG like this idea. GROG 2nd Monkeyman and Matt Reese visit.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 09:16 am   Permalink

Whattya mean excuse? Just get a hold of me, you're welcome anytime.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-28 10:13 am   Permalink

Thanks Matt

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 1:34 pm   Permalink

Cool! And about time! April, I sent you a PM

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-28 3:50 pm   Permalink

How exciting for you. In Sacramento, we found it fun to link up at our local favorite restaurant and also to stop by a local merchants to help support his selling of Tiki related inventory. We have done that a couple of times now and it was great. We also found we had to expand from 1 day to 3: Friday night, Saturday & Sunday. We made a claim on standing dates (second weekend in October) so folks would always know ahead of time to keep that time open or plan to have their place ready by then. Also very popular is the Tiki garage sale, everyone can participate and that helps folks that want to sell and also those interested in expanding their collections. Good luck with organizing April...you guys will have a blast (wish I was in town to do some gawking).

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCalTikiGal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-28 9:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-27 19:21, Monkeyman wrote:
I know that Vista is not particularly close to central San Diego.... but if you would like to hang at my tiki bar for part of this crawl... let me know.

Its open to all of you.

Derek

Derek, although Vista isn't exactly San Diego proper, I'm sure we can work out a way to fit your place in!

View Profile of SoCalTikiGal Send a personal message to SoCalTikiGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCalTikiGal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-28 9:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-27 19:51, Matt Reese wrote:
If I can get the planets to align (meaning my dead ass and my general inability to get my place in order) I am interested in having some folks over to the Lava-Flow-Inn for this crawl idea. Derek, Vista is worth the trip judging by what I've seen of your place so far.

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2011-11-27 19:51 ]

So, what can the rest of us do to get the planets to align correctly? It'd be great if we could include the Lave-Flow-Inn on the crawl!

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 10:40 pm   Permalink

I could get into the crawl spirit for this event - and finally meet some of you after some failed attempts. Count me and a guest in!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-29 05:50 am   Permalink

I'm afraid that the work will be mine alone. Don't worry, The Lava-Flow-Inn will be ready. I pm'd you. Please give me a ring.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation