FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » San Diego Home Crawl, March 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
San Diego Home Crawl, March 3
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-04 10:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone or opening up your homes! It was a blast!

Derek and Roxanne, your place has turned out amazing. Seeing the progress you've made on your room was a real treat. Your craftsmanship really shines through. Arian and Rebecca, you show what all of us in in Socal should do with our garages. Who needs a garage? It never rains! But we always have use for a tiki bar! Harry and Andrea, your backyard was a little paradise. And that crazy green drink? Bizarrely tasty! Brad and Marion, the house was amazing! MCM at it's finest! A combination of Palm Springs style and San Diego weather... the perfect combo. April, thanks for organizing this event! Your home packed an amazing amount of vintage fun and the" I Love Lucy" BBQ/fireplace was perfect for the cool evening. Tell your folks I said hello! And Matt--I've heard the stories, I've seen the pictures... yet words or pictures can't describe actually experiencing your place. I'm still blown away. Your place is a work of art, truly an amazing experience!

Thanks again to all of you!

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HapaLove

Posted: 2012-03-05 10:26 am   Permalink

I have to add my thanks to all the hosts and organizers as well! The bars were amazing! This was also the friendliest group of people I've met in a long time - I was definitely feeling the aloha spirit. I am hoping this becomes an annual thing, and I would be happy to help organize. Everyone else, hope to see you at Oasis!

View Profile of HapaLove Send a personal message to HapaLove      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HapaLove

Posted: 2012-03-05 11:04 am   Permalink

Wish I had more pics but I suspect the tiki drinks had something to do with that.

View Profile of HapaLove Send a personal message to HapaLove      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-05 11:13 am   Permalink

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to SoCalTikiGal for all she did to make this Crawl Happen. A Giant Thank You to ALL the Hosts who opened up their homes to everyone. We can't wait until next year

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SailorJenny

Posted: 2012-03-05 12:06 pm   Permalink

Had such a brilliant time at the San Diego Home Tiki Crawl on Saturday—Thank you to April for all her hard work and organization! We had been looking forward to the crawl for months now—always a pleasure meeting new people, seeing old friends, and sharing inspiration—jaw-dropping, eye ball-popping experiences definitely encountered, thank you SO much for opening all your fantastic homes and sharing.

Also - I happened to find a few "before" pics of my little trailer...more pics to follow later this week:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42441&forum=20&1

View Profile of SailorJenny Send a personal message to SailorJenny      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 7:26 pm   Permalink

Where are all the pictures?

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 8:43 pm   Permalink

more pix comin' at ya Matt

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-06 09:13 am   Permalink

I took a couple of photos at our place, one photo at Brad & Marion's, and then I never thought to take another shot. I blame the drinks at Harry & Andrea's.

Some folks had asked for the recipe of the version of Navy Grog we were pouring. Don't usually use Bacardi much, but for a big batch like this it's what we went with. Here it is:

34 oz Bacardi Superior Rum
34 oz Kraken Black Spiced Rum
25 1/2 oz El Dorado 5-Year Demerara Rum
8 3/4 oz Bacardi Select Rum
25 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
19 1/2 oz white grapefruit juice
17 oz Sugar Syrup
9 oz Don's Mix

Mix together, serve over ice and garnish with a mint sprig.

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2012-03-07 18:35 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-06 4:24 pm   Permalink

Huge thanks to April and all the hosters. And also thanks to all the crawlers who created such a great vibe.

Dave & Kim

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-07 06:41 am   Permalink

One of the best barometers for measuring how much fun I had has always been how hung over I am and how angry my wife is at my behavior. Well, both meters pegged. Apologies to all I offended. Anyway, Thanks to April and all the hosts. Your homes are amazing and your hospitality is as well. I saw some really creative ideas that I can't wait to copy for my bar. I would also like to thank Marion and Brad for organizing and driving the van. When I sort through the blurry photos I'll post a few. I hope you all can come to the Nor-Cal home crawl in Sept.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-07 7:45 pm   Permalink

I had a blast on the crawl! Thanks San Diego tiki ohana for making this happen! Looking forward to next year!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 04:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-07 06:41, Tai Won On wrote:
One of the best barometers for measuring how much fun I had has always been how hung over I am and how angry my wife is at my behavior. Well, both meters pegged. Apologies to all I offended.

Yup that's one of my barometers too.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hairball

Posted: 2012-03-22 05:35 am   Permalink

Some of you guys may have seen my Tiki Foosball Table during the 2012 Home Bar Crawl.
I am trying to find a new home for it, my place is a little too small for it.

So if you, or anyone you know, would enjoy a custom Kona Kiki Soccer Club table for their backyard, please let me know.
It's on Craigslist right now, any offers are welcome!

Tiki Foosball Table -
Customized Tiki Foosball Table looking for a new home.
Unique, hand-painted Tiki illustrations, custom logo Kona Kiki Soccer Club.
All players wear grass skirts and leis. Balls included.
Used condition, legs are detachable for storage.
Awesome addition to your tropical backyard!

[ This Message was edited by: Hairball 2012-03-22 20:40 ]

View Profile of Hairball Send a personal message to Hairball      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hairball

Posted: 2012-03-22 8:43 pm   Permalink

Hello,
our Soccer Table already found a new home, and will make an addition to Brad's tropical gameroom.
That went quicker than I thought, but I am glad people liked it and have fun with it.

Aloha.
Harry

Quote:

On 2012-03-22 05:35, Hairball wrote:
Some of you guys may have seen my Tiki Foosball Table during the 2012 Home Bar Crawl.
I am trying to find a new home for it, my place is a little too small for it.

So if you, or anyone you know, would enjoy a custom Kona Kiki Soccer Club table for their backyard, please let me know.

[ This Message was edited by: Hairball 2012-03-22 20:40 ]

View Profile of Hairball Send a personal message to Hairball      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-26 10:34 pm   Permalink

April,

Elena and I enjoyed the San Diego Home Crawl very much. Thanks for putting this successful event together. We really appreciate all your hard work. We hope to be ready to host next year.

Big Mahalo, John "Tiki Slinger"

[ This Message was edited by: John Slinger 2012-07-26 00:15 ]

View Profile of John Slinger Send a personal message to John Slinger  Email John Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation