FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Home Crawl, March 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
San Diego Home Crawl, March 3
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-03 1:52 pm   Permalink

Had a wonderful time Derek...your home is awesome and your bar is gorgeous. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality. great to see a good show from NorCal. Glad to represent for Sac with my Mom...she had fun meeting folks. Nice job SoCalTiki...we are ready to come back next year. Good to see everyone.

Derek if you have extra VampTiki cocktail glasses please pass them on to other SoCal Ohana and be sure Mad Dog Mike gets one. thanks so much for letting me pass those on. Shout out to all the new Tiki peeps we met...see you at Oasis.

Too funny...Mom & I are heading up Scripps Ranch Road on the way back to Lakeside...we see a young guy in a car and he has "Honk If Your Horney" scrawled on his back window...I'm honking wildly and my Mom is waving...he drove like a bat out of hell to get away from us...what's up with that...LOL

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2012-03-03 16:00 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-03 5:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-01 12:57, Matt Reese wrote:
Not to cast a shadow over the event or anything but I was laid off from my regular job of 20 years today. Financially speaking, we may need to treat my place like a community effort. I am still stoked to have everyone coming over. Just might have to reduce the food to quesadillas or something.

Sorry to hear that brutha,
I just got the news that May 1st will be my last day.
after 6 years.
;-/

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Hell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-03 7:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-03 13:52, VampiressRN wrote:
Too funny...Mom & I are heading up Scripps Ranch Road on the way back to Lakeside...we see a young guy in a car and he has "Honk If Your Horney" scrawled on his back window...I'm honking wildly and my Mom is waving...he drove like a bat out of hell to get away from us...what's up with that...LOL

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2012-03-03 16:00 ]

OMG!! That is so funny. Derek Mitchell and I are cracking up reading this. Hahahahahahahahahaaa...This is totally something we would do.

View Profile of Miss Hell Send a personal message to Miss Hell  Goto the website of Miss Hell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-03 7:38 pm   Permalink

1st Stop...The South Pacific Room

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-03 7:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pics Karen, keep 'em coming

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-04 01:12 am   Permalink

Brilliant photos' The bar looks amazing. Very sweet car too.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-04 02:04 am   Permalink

The place looks great! Really sorry to hear the bad news Matt, Keep your chin up
A nice guy like you deserves better!

So why doesn't the SD Ohana have a TC night at the Bali Hai?

CTiT out......

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCalTikiGal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-04 07:16 am   Permalink

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all the folks who came on the crawl yesterday! It was so much fun to see how everybody puts their own individual spin on the tiki theme. (I have so many new ideas for my own house that I can't wait to try out!) And I had a blast hanging out with old friends and meeting new ones. I hope everybody else had as good a time as I did!

And another HUGE thank you to our wonderful hosts--Derek and Roxanne, Arian and Rebecca, Harry and Andrea, Jen, Brad and Marion, and Matt--who let us traipse through their houses/yards/trailers. You guys are awesome!

WoohooWahine, you got some great pics of MonkeyMan's place! Thanks for posting! If anybody else has more photos, please share!

View Profile of SoCalTikiGal Send a personal message to SoCalTikiGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-04 09:03 am   Permalink

Derek & Roxanne's South Pacific Room
Arian&Rebecca Hale TiKi Lounge
Harry & Andrea's House
Jen's TiKi Trailer

the coolest Foos Ball game at Harry & Andrea's

Brad & Marions Lava Lounge

April"s House

Matt"s Lava- Flow - Inn

Thanks for opening up your homes and bars for us to enjoy!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mariner
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-03-04 09:20 am   Permalink

Had a great time yesterday! Thanks again to everyone who wecomed us into their homes and made all the arangements!
We have lots of new friends and decore ideas, not to mention a hangover. That's what I'm talkin about!

View Profile of Mariner Send a personal message to Mariner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-04 09:38 am   Permalink

Not sure where to start with the thanks. I guess thanks to everyone involved. Had a really nice time. The crawl was a perfect blend of old friends and new faces. Absolutely wonderful people. Big thanks to April who organized the whole thing. To the hosts for all their effort. For me, the biggest thanks go to Ran, Kick The reverb, for his tireless drink making and display of mixology. Another big thanks goes to Derek, Monkeyman, and Roxanne for all their help and generosity. I gotta admit, my faith in the Tiki scene has been wavering lately. This event proved my fears were unwarranted. Such a pleasant bunch of people that seemed to really care. Made me remember why I got involved in this whole mess in the first place. Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-04 10:38 am   Permalink

Thanks all for coming out and stopping by our place. April - Thanks for all your work in getting the event organized. It was a lot of fun, and it was great meeting everyone and enjoying the other stops along the tour.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-04 1:15 pm   Permalink

I will echo some of the same sentiments as others. Thank you to the event organizers, the hosts, and the crawlers.

This is officially the most people we have ever had in our home and are happy to say that it all came off without a hitch. Everyone was so nice and considerate.

Thanks

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-04 4:41 pm   Permalink

April: Thanks again for putting this great home tour together and thanks to all the tiki people who open their homes to all for fun and drinks. We had a blast!! tiki leki plus two

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Derek Mitchell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-04 9:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks to all, Michelle (Miss Hell) and I had a great time, met alot of great people, and saw alot of really cool places.

View Profile of Derek Mitchell Send a personal message to Derek Mitchell  Email Derek Mitchell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation