FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Creating Tiki ╗ ╗ Other Crafts ╗ ╗ How to become a famous artist.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
How to become a famous artist.
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-27 7:44 pm   Permalink

Asking questions is what being an artist is all about. Also, not censoring yourself or try to fit in.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor G
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-27 7:52 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2011-11-27 18:45, The Sperm Whale wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think what the Sperm Whale's trying to say is that you must possess the primeval inner soul of the painting elephant. And a publicist.

To repeat: I could be wrong.

View Profile of Professor G Send a personal message to Professor G  Goto the website of Professor G     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-28 08:55 am   Permalink

-Piss people off. *

That is always the reaction of some people when they see true art. If you piss people off, you are probably doing something right. What was that famous Einstein quote?... Something like "Great ideas will always find violent opposition from mediocre minds."

* But if you just shock for shock's sake, you will be caught and called shocker and be doubted upon like the boy who cried the wolf. Like Marilyn Manson or Demain Hirst*

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 10:25 am   Permalink

Change your name to not be the same as as Mass-Murdering Drug Gang. Maybe "Zed" or "Zhag".

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 10:28 am   Permalink

What kind of a
crazy sick,twisted artistic mind
would desire Fame?
Ugh!
Too much hassle and it keeps one away from the easel
doing what they should be doin....
painting!!!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-28 10:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-28 10:25, freddiefreelance wrote:
Change your name to not be the same as as Mass-Murdering Drug Gang. Maybe "Zed" or "Zhag".

I had that nickname before the stupid drug cartel.

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-28 10:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-28 10:28, little lost tiki wrote:
What kind of a
would desire Fame?
Ugh!
painting!!!

Hypocrite.

All artists want to be famous.
Maybe not themselves, but their art.
I would hate fame like people recognizing me on the street. But I wouldn't mind selling my art for mucho dinero. I want my work to be famou$ who doesn't ?

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 11:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-28 10:42, Zeta wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-11-28 10:25, freddiefreelance wrote:

I had that nickname before the stupid drug cartel.

The Zetas have been known by that name for more than a dozen years; you've only been Zeta here for about 2-3 years.

How about shortening your name to ZET? Or ZTA, Zee, Zero Energy Thermonuclear Assembly, or Lost Little Zeta?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-11-28 1:16 pm   Permalink

I do have to agree with Freddie on this one. You should change your moniker or at least market your art under a different name. Though no fault of your own, using the name Zeta is an impediment and possibly a dangerous one too.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-28 1:25 pm   Permalink

I sign Arizaleta. "Zeta" is my nickname. My nom de plum. My alias.
And Freddie, your math is wrong. I been contributing to Tiki Central for almost 5 years now.

Also, this thread is not about me. It's about art and how to become famous trough it. Me or anyone.

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 5:12 pm   Permalink

-Cool Hat

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 5:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-28 10:46, Zeta wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-11-28 10:28, little lost tiki wrote:
What kind of a
would desire Fame?
Ugh!
painting!!!

Hypocrite.

All artists want to be famous.
Maybe not themselves, but their art.
I would hate fame like people recognizing me on the street. But I wouldn't mind selling my art for mucho dinero. I want my work to be famou$ who doesn't ?

So you want to be in it for the Money?

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 6:23 pm   Permalink

Wondering when someone in this thread is going to mention Tiki or Tiki art.

Also, wondering why the Tiki police haven't arrived to defend TC yet.

Maybe "Other Crafts" is just too far out of town

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-11-28 6:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-28 18:23, mp wrote:
Wondering when someone in this thread is going to mention Tiki or Tiki art.

Also, wondering why the Tiki police haven't arrived to defend TC yet.

Maybe "Other Crafts" is just too far out of town

Considering that Zeta is known to draw Tiki art, I think his query is fine here.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 7:58 pm   Permalink

You need to come up with a unique style that is all your own and stick to it. Your art needs to be recognizable. You can tell a SHAG or Little Lost Tiki print at one glance.

This can take years. My art teacher always said "art feeds on Art". People borrow other styles on the way to developing their own. He also said "true Artists create for themselves, commercial artists and designers create for others".

Be friendly and get to know your customers, people like to buy from friends and have artists know them by name, even if it's only a artist/customer relationship.

That's my 2 cents...

Oh yeah, put photos of your art in your "Signature" so people can relate your art to your name and contact you if they like it! New Artists love to be contacted about creating custom pieces for their clients! (hint, hint)

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation