FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Chunk Lamps by the original artist.10/11/14 Last items on Etsy. Roge is retiring.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Chunk Lamps by the original artist.10/11/14 Last items on Etsy. Roge is retiring.
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-20 4:35 pm   Permalink

I like them so I ordered one!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-21 06:24 am   Permalink

Atomic Tiki Punk, that's cool. I'm really happy that Roger making these in so many colors. I've bought some too. I just suggested he make some of the sea life creatures as night lights so today he's going to buy the parts and put some together to see if that will work out. Cheers, Wendy

Hi Friends, I'm happy to announce that the tikis that I sculpted for Roge's chunk lamps are now available as statues. He'll also make them in a color of your choice. Please check them out on his Etsy site listed below.

Only $14.50 each

https://www.etsy.com/listing/102570294/easter-island-moai-statue-tiki-color?ref=cat2_gallery_4

https://www.etsy.com/listing/101912563/easter-island-moai-statue-with-base-cast

https://www.etsy.com/listing/101912563/easter-island-moai-statue-with-base-cast

New Photo showing some color choices. He also has Orange and Green

Cheers, Wendy

PS check out National Geographic the July issue is out and it is on
Easter Island The Riddle of the Moving Statues - very cool

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-22 9:28 pm   Permalink

New #104 clear Tiki lamp, no colors….

https://www.etsy.com/listing/102762813/tiki-clear-rock-swag-lamp-104?ref=cat3_gallery_1

Roge has lots of the Chunk Lamps made and ready to ship. Here's a new one just up.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-29 7:13 pm   Permalink

http://www.etsy.com/listing/103254490/easter-island-moai-statue-tiki-color

Roge just made it easier to order the statues. Wendy

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-29 7:23 pm   Permalink

Got mine, Roger & Wendy did a great job on these!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-29 9:55 pm   Permalink

Wow...that clear chunk lamp is pretty awesome. The statues look great.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-04 10:23 am   Permalink

Thank you and Roge thanks you.

Atomic Tiki Punk what color did you choose?

VampiressRN did you hang your lamp?

Cheers and Happy 4th of July, Wendy

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-19 1:23 pm   Permalink

Roge who makes the chunk lamps also turns our tikis into statues. He first did the Moai and now he wants the Bumatay Fish as a statue. I use a small heater to melt the Roma #3 clay. It is so hard that this speeds up the process.

I added it to the back of the Bumatay to make it more substantial as a statue.

Decades ago I took the exam to enter dental school. One of the things we had to do was carve plaster blocks into a key and a lock. I've found that to work well with clay projects. So to the fish I added an extended bottom as the key. Then into the base I carved the lock.

Back view. When fitted together I will add clay to seal the key into place but first I need to finish the base.

I removed clay to add waves to the base.

Now I will add clay to lock the pieces together.

All done. It's time to visit Roge in Grass Valley.

I'll let you know when these are available. Meanwhile he has lots of tiki lamps available as ready made or order your own colors on his etsy site.

Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-21 1:12 pm   Permalink

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?page=1

The Bumatay/Sea Life Lamps are now available from Roge. You can ask him about color choices.

Here's some of his work that we saw on our trip yesterday. Also I added a base to a Bumatay so that Miguel and he could cast them as statues like the Moai Head.

The lights are not bright like in these last photos. You can see all the chunks and colors. My camera does strage things. Wendy

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-21 3:27 pm   Permalink

Great pictures Wendy. My ceiling project is at a stand-still, guess it wasn't meant to happen this year. My main focus now is trying to get my 10' Tiki secured in the dining room. May have to wait till later to get my lamps hung. I really dig all the colors but that clear one is also very kewl.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-22 9:32 pm   Permalink

Amazing stuff....wow!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-23 07:55 am   Permalink

Hi Vamp and Amy, I'll send your notes on to Roge.

I forgot to mention that this shows all the sea creatures that I sculpted in all the available colors for the sea life lamp.

There are puffer fish, turtles, angle fish, starfish, octopus, shells. To see them in detail up close just back up on this thread.

Roge's lamps are incredible. Cheers, Wendy

To check out his sales see Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?page=1

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-07-23 07:56 ]

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-27 9:21 pm   Permalink

https://www.etsy.com/listing/105454597/resin-tiki-reproductions-of-wood

Miguel found some old wooden tikis like the carvers sell at the International Market Place across from Waikiki Beach on Oahu. They cast them in Resin and they are now for sale on Etsy. Check them out they are beautiful.

Wendy

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-27 11:22 pm   Permalink

Hmmm...Tiki Gummy Bears!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 10:01 pm   Permalink

Amazing lamps and great sculpting, Dan!! I just went through every page of this thread... Very inspiring and super impressive!!
May need something for The Breezeway!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation