FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Chunk Lamps by the original artist.10/11/14 Last items on Etsy. Roge is retiring.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Chunk Lamps by the original artist.10/11/14 Last items on Etsy. Roge is retiring.
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 07:33 am   Permalink

bigbrotiki thank you for keeping an eye on this thread.

LuckyDesigns I'm Wendy-danlovestikis. I sculpt for Roge and he makes the sculpts into statues and chunck lamps

To check out his sales see Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?page=1

Right now bavtech - Nelson is at Tiki Kon and he's selling the Moai head statues and my art. He sent me these photos. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-25 9:54 pm   Permalink

To check out his sales see Etsy

I'm going to turn my sculpts for Roge lamps into ceramics for mugs and bowls. So I just made the molds of the puffer fish, turtles and seahorses. This should be fun. It will take a couple of weeks for the mold to dry.

Meanwhile has built up some stock so check out his store, Wendy

Here's the link to my molds of the sea creatures.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=1815&1827

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-08-25 22:00 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-09 9:14 pm   Permalink

New colors for the Chunk Lamps by Roge.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/109060791/tiki-smoky-red-rock-mini-104-lava

With a black light.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/108904122/black-light-moai-clear-rock-lamp-104?ref=v1_other_2

He has stock on hand on Etsy and eBay. He also takes orders for your color choices. Please check them out its almost Christmas. Surprise someone you love! Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-09-09 21:40 ]

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-25 07:52 am   Permalink

Dan and I just went to the South San Francisco Bay Crawl. We had the very best time at each stop.

At The Aumakua Hai in San Jose, CA we saw one of Roge's lamps hanging in there hut/bar area. They have one more to hang in the future but we were lucky enough to see this one in place. Because they were hanging it so high up they added the tapa to the bottom, I love that touch.

Roge has stock on hand and takes custome orders!

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-17 8:47 pm   Permalink

Just a small bump for Roge chunk lamps.

I've made a mold of all the sea creatures and now I'm able to make necklaces and mugs using them. If you had one of his lamps you could have me make a matching mug! Just a thought. Cheers, Wendy

Slip in the mold.

Excess slip poured out.

Diver's Cove in progress.

Puffer necklaces.

Sea Turtle necklaces.

I've just started to mess with these new pieces but Roge has stock on hand. Check out his lamps on Etsy.

Cheers, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-10-17 20:48 ]

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-20 2:19 pm   Permalink

The lamp SALE has officially started!

SALE
Starts Oct 20 - Ends on Nov 5, 2012 <SHOWN ON ETSY.COM ONLY>

15% off regular prices on some rock/ chunk lamps only. This includes some of our custom shapes & colors. Not all lamps are shown but hope to have them on by Sunday 10/21/12

Shipping prices remain the same.

Beginning Nov 6 all prices will go up. All other information on lamp pages remains the same such as a 30 day guarantee.

You may order almost any lamp or most custom shapes & colors by letting me know in plain language description.

If you don’t see it on etsy.com then email me direct.

Thank you, Roger

roger@oro.net

zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-20 5:57 pm   Permalink

Just ordered a Blue Moai statue!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-03 08:06 am   Permalink

The puffers and turtles came out of the kiln looking fine. The orange puffer is for HB Tiki. The yellow puffer and one of the turtles went to ebTiki.

Roge surprised me a couple of days ago with a large box of my Sea-Creatures cast in resin. These are the same ones he makes the Bumatay lamps with.

He has chunk lamps ready to sell and he takes special orders. Check out this thread to see how these lamps are a part of tiki culture.

Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 07:31 am   Permalink

Back from the past. Roge has made a new mold of an old design and he's ready for orders. This lamp is so super cool. We grabbed this one for ourselves.

This is a shape that can be ordered in your favorite colors. Think of two close to each other and hung at different heights. I love this lamp!

Here's some important information.

This pyramid hanging swag lamp was first made in 1962 or 3 by Laguna Lamps, Roger Bodine. It was displayed in the Laguna Beach Festival of Arts.

Measurements are:

Design: #103 Multi colored resin rocks/chunks (black around rocks).

10” wide (rock tip to rock tip)

22” high

Weight 13+ lbs.

Wiring: 18 ft. black hanging swag cord & on line on/off switch with 15 ft. black chain and a pair of ceiling hooks.

Roger Bodine

roger@oro.net

A very Cheery day! Wendy

__PRINTED FROM AN EARILIER POST...NOTE TODAY IS THE LAST SALE DAY!_______________

The lamp SALE has officially started!

SALE
Starts Oct 20 - Ends on Nov 5, 2012 <SHOWN ON ETSY.COM ONLY>

15% off regular prices on some rock/ chunk lamps only. This includes some of our custom shapes & colors. Not all lamps are shown but hope to have them on by Sunday 10/21/12

Shipping prices remain the same.

Beginning Nov 6 all prices will go up. All other information on lamp pages remains the same such as a 30 day guarantee.

You may order almost any lamp or most custom shapes & colors by letting me know in plain language description.

If you don’t see it on etsy.com then email me direct.

Thank you, Roger

roger@oro.net

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-11-05 07:34 ]

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 4:09 pm   Permalink

Hi Friends, Roge had planned on ending the lamp SALE on Nov 6th but with the presidents election so close he's extending it until November 12th . That will give more collectors the opportunity to save on these terrific lamps.

Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-11 07:37 am   Permalink

Tomorrow is the last sale day. These lamps are outstanding, think Christmas.

Also I'll be at the Don the Beachcomber's sale on December 2nd. Please stop by to say hi.

Cheers, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-11-11 07:37 ]

kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-11 4:25 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2012-11-05 07:31, danlovestikis wrote:
Back from the past. Roge has made a new mold of an old design and he's ready for orders. This lamp is so super cool. We grabbed this one for ourselves.

Wendy,

This is one of my fav threads here. This is an amazing design.
If you want to see how they looked back in the 1960's, here's a number of them Hanging in the Hofbrua....

Once part of the Celebrity Sports Center in Denver, Colorado

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-11 4:34 pm   Permalink

If you're wondering why the sign looks familiar.

It's because the Celebrity Sports Center was started by Walt.

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-12 07:55 am   Permalink

kiara
Thank you so much for the photos. I'll send them on to Roge this morning. He's enjoying being a blast from the past and reviving his styles. He is also making the tubular designs shown in these photos. It is a dream come true to look back and to see them gracing this establishment.
Wendy

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-13 08:41 am   Permalink

A history note:

I Also sold lamps wholesale through a retail store in Disneyland called “Phil Papel Imports” (not sure if this was his distributor name or retail name but the time was about 1962 or 3).

:>)
Roge

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation