FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Chunk Lamps by the original artist. On Etsy and at MAHALO TIKI'S SHOP New Design 5/20/14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Chunk Lamps by the original artist. On Etsy and at MAHALO TIKI'S SHOP New Design 5/20/14
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-15 10:24 am   Permalink

https://www.etsy.com/listing/115051643/bird-house-shape-hanging-lamp-clear-rock

Roge has a new design that is a bird house. I told him we need one that looks like a Tiki Hut.

Please share your photos of huts that would make a great chunk lamp. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-17 08:55 am   Permalink

Roge has his new 103 Pyramid swag lamp on Etsy. It's my favorite. Please check it out.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/115131427/pyramid-shape-multi-colored-rock-chunk

A few posts back you can see these hung back in the 60's. View the Kiara post.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-12 10:02 am   Permalink

Roge of the Chunk Lamp fame came for a visit. We had a blast showing our collection to him. In addition he was able to verify that the chunk lamp we found years ago was made by him. It is on top of the bookcase right above his head.

Here he is examining it.

Then we took him to Dan's man cave to see where we hung a lamp we recently acquired. Again one of his. He said that the panels were made in 1978 (the year Dan and I married) and that he put it together this year! Lucky us.

It's hard to photograph the detail when the light it on so here's a photo with it off.

He said these chunk lamps can be different colors with differently colored light bulbs. He suggested we try purple in the future. What a great idea.

Check out his eBay and Etsy sites for sales. Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-01 09:15 am   Permalink

For my Christmas present Dan let me pick out another chunk lamp by Roge. This style is one of his vintage styles that you can see in past historic photos. He had these for sale on Etsy. It's beautiful. He'll make them for you in your favorite colors. When I have it hung I'll post more photos.

Thank you Roge for bringing these back. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2013-01-01 09:16 ]

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-03 08:38 am   Permalink

This is a small side project I've been working on for Roge. He will use it with the base as a stand alone resin tiki and without the base on his resin chunk lamps. He's back from his vacation and ready to take orders. I'll add these photos to his Marketplace thread with the link to Etsy.

I took a shortcut and added sculptors clay to a Easter Island Tiki.

Then I used the large grain sandpaper to make texture.

All done.

Here's the link for Roge on Etsy. You can find from this link all his styles. He does custom orders for your favorite colors.

Cheers, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2013-03-03 08:40 ]

WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-13 09:55 am   Permalink

Looking forward to more on this Moai project!

Looks great!

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-29 10:09 am   Permalink

Thank you WestADad, I'm looking forward to the casts of this whole body statue too.

HELP

Roge just asked me what to call the new statue. Moai with a hat doesn't sound good enough. What would the people of Easter Island call it?

Cheers, Wendy

To get to his ETSY site click on this link.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2013-03-29 10:11 ]

tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-31 12:24 am   Permalink

Dapper Dan the Moai man.

Edgar with an Easter Bonnet

Masterson the elegent Moai

Maboomba Moai

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-10 09:24 am   Permalink

Thank you tigertail777, Dan liked his best but its all up to Roge.

The sculpt I did for Roge has now been molded and has gone into production. It can be bought from him as a stand alone statue or as part of a tiki lamp. This is his Etsy sight. He also sells on eBay.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?ref=seller_info

You can see the size differences between my past sculpt and the new one.

I put them back to back for fun.

He will customize lamps and statues to the colors of your choice.

Thanks for looking, Wendy

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-10 09:36 am   Permalink

W- those came out sweet!!!!!

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-12 3:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks hang10tiki, Roge will appreciate that comment.
Here's how those we bought look with lights behind them.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-20 9:13 pm   Permalink

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?ref=pr_shop_more

Hi everyone, Roge has changed the information on his Etsy page so I'm giving out the link again.

I just bought a lamp with the new moai I sculpted with a hat design as shown above. When its hung I'll share photos. Here's a note from Roge.

Hi Wendy, take a look at the new and improved site………

any search engine should get you to: …”TIKI ROCK LAMPS, ROGER”…

what has changed is every lamp you see is in stock BUT only one. If you want 2 or more then I can ship the one in 2 days but the extras will take 2 to 3 weeks.

Customs can still be made within 3 weeks.

Comments welcomed. You can share anything here on your TIKI Site

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-23 09:55 am   Permalink

My lamp arrived with the new Moai. Very cool Roge. Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-26 09:50 am   Permalink

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger

Roge has made some more lamps for sale. If you don't like etsy use it to check for prices and then let me know you would like to get in contact with Roge by PM and I'll do that for you.

The history of these lamps is here in past pages. Roge invented the resin chunk lamps and for a short time he has brought them back and has added tikis to some of them. You can special order too.

Here are some of his latest projects he has to offer.

Close up view of the chunks.

A multicolored lamp in a dark room

and in a light room.

This is a set of matching tiki lamps with moai's.

Close up of the lava rocks that he hand glues in place along the edges. This is over the top cool!

Ocean colors.

If you are interested you may contact Roge through etsy or by sending me a PM.
His lamps are quality and hand made.

Cheers, Wendy

MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-26 12:53 pm   Permalink

I bought a clear one. The nice thing about being clear is that you can change the color with a different light bulb. It even works well with a Simflame for a candle effect.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation