FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Chunk Lamps by the original artist. On Etsy and at MAHALO TIKI'S SHOP New Design 5/20/14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Chunk Lamps by the original artist. On Etsy and at MAHALO TIKI'S SHOP New Design 5/20/14
Quasimodo57
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-13 10:55 am   Permalink

The tiki faces look cool on these lamps! Like the latest color combination too. Thinking about my post-Xmast order!!! Which one do I select-all look fantastic and quality workmanship, not made in China on these! Mahalo!

View Profile of Quasimodo57 Send a personal message to Quasimodo57      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-13 11:50 am   Permalink

Hey WestAdad, we saw it up close and personal and it is truly beautiful Roge is the man of lamps. Just think he's the real deal from the 60's.

Quasimodo57 we will have our next lamp in around two weeks. It will gave you even more color combos to ponder.

I'd love some feedback on this. I may be sculpting a Bumatay for his lamps. We would like to do one and add some resin shells and starfish to the chunks. We love the Bumatay fish face from the Islander mugs. Comments welcome, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-13 12:33 pm   Permalink

Wendy, I would be thrilled to have a chunk Bumatay lamp.

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-16 7:55 pm   Permalink

Cool WestADad, Roge is working on a new lamp design just for this fish! Also he is making a multi-colored lamp for us and I'll have photos soon. Thank your for you note. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-17 12:16 am   Permalink

Awesome pics

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-17 09:02 am   Permalink

Cool, a budget priced red Tiki lamp, good idea. I think I like the two-tone (or three) lamps best, were you combine red orange and black, or green and blue and a similar shade.

One thing also has to be taken into consideration: Digital photography does an inadequate job at separating such highly saturated colors, they all sort of gel together. In person, resin lamps look even better and more yummy than in pictures.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-19 6:20 pm   Permalink

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?page=1

Sven, thanks for your note. It is so true that its hard to capture these in photos. They look so much better in person. Wendy

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-21 3:43 pm   Permalink

Christmas came early this year!:

Red resin sunrise:

The Tikis are impressed:

This Unexpected Flying Object...

...fell right into place in my living room:

Thank You Chris, and thank you Roger and Wendy!

Time for a close up!:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-21 5:55 pm   Permalink

Sven,

Looks great, really brightens up the place for the holidays. Nice addition to the light collection.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-21 6:57 pm   Permalink

Fantastic!

Did it really weigh 18 pounds Sven? Need a stout ceiling anchor for that beasty.

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-21 7:32 pm   Permalink

Yup, it's solid, dense resin. You don't want that to drop on your foot.
I must admit I did it the lazy way:

That is an old-style, well-anchored vent. It was in the perfect spot, right over the TV coffee table.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-22 08:35 am   Permalink

Hi Sven, WestADad was your Santa from beginning to end. The joy he felt in doing something incredibly nice for you really brought the spirit of Christmas back home. In fact it brought it into your home!

Roge and I were very happy that he shared his goal of being your Santa with us. We have felt his excitement each day as the lamp made its journey south. Your posting of all these photos has been a joy for both him and for us.

WestADad, your 8 year old son has a super father. I am floored by your generosity. Sven, Roge and I have a terrific new/old friend. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. What a great guy you are.

Sven, I'm super happy that you have this lamp in your home thanks to WestADad. Here's a few photos of your lamp in the shop. Your lamp is also in photos on
page 1.

Hey WestADad do you have a photo to share? You pulled it off you really surprised him. Christmas Cheers, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-12-22 09:23 ]

WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-23 05:37 am   Permalink

I got my lamp yesterday, it is great! I don't have any idea where I'm going to hang it yet but I will eventually.

The thing is amazing when lit. Sven and Wendy, I hope you enjoy your lamps as much as I will enjoy mine.

[ This Message was edited by: WestADad 2011-12-23 06:49 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-23 06:47 am   Permalink

Chris the blues are beautiful too - they radiate almost as much light as you do

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-23 07:45 am   Permalink

Mine is the night light of choice in my living room now. I see it a soon as I open the door.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation