FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Chunk Lamps by the original artist.8/28/14 Last items on Etsy. Roge is retiring.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Chunk Lamps by the original artist.8/28/14 Last items on Etsy. Roge is retiring.
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-23 12:40 pm   Permalink

Thank you Mike for the compliment, I appreciate it!

Sven, maybe someday you'll be able to give me a complete tour of Tiki Island above the Silver Lake. I would be thrilled.

Happy Holidays!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-23 12:50 pm   Permalink

C'mon by anytime - providing I am not on the other side of the globe making the mortgage money. Winter is safe, the weather over there being too bad for shooting...unlike here, as my current front yard view shows:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-25 2:28 pm   Permalink

Hi Sven do you still have three trampolines in your front yard? We would love to visit with WestADad someday.

Here are the lamps that will be hung soon in our home. It will give you all ideas on how you too may customize a lamp. The multicolored one is just Moais no God of light. Roge will do them any way you like.

Merry Christmas, Wendy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?page=1

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-12-25 14:28 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-25 4:29 pm   Permalink

W
Awesome colors

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-25 5:01 pm   Permalink

Those are some CHUNKY chunks! Very nice Wendy.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-12-25 10:42 pm   Permalink

Great lamps, Wendy!

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-29 10:12 am   Permalink

hang10tiki, MadDogMike, ebtiki, thank you all from Roge. He is a master lamp maker. Every detail is done beautifully. When I have ours hung in the house I'll post photos.

Roge is working on new designs that I'll post here as they come up. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-29 9:48 pm   Permalink

I really really want one of these. I'm gonna start saving my pennies. Great looking work!!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-30 07:59 am   Permalink

Hi Kahaka, I used your link and looked at all of your terrific lamps. You are so close to us (2.5 hrs.) if you are still in San Jose. If you are ever coming to the Sacramento area come for a visit.

I'll let Roge know you like his lamps. Wendy

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-30 2:18 pm   Permalink

I want one too.
But I have got to the hording stage of tiki collecting.
So I need to stop getting more stuff.
Wendy I want one of your new Zombie mugs as well they are VERY cool!!!
I almost broke the no more stuff rule to get one.
It can be seen here.
Great job on both!!!!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=675

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2011-12-30 14:19 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-30 6:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the invite Wendy... I'll let you know when my wife and I are in the Sacramento area!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-03 07:54 am   Permalink

Cool Kahaka, we love tiki visitors we have one tonight from Pasadena.

Roge has shared his brochure from his lamp company from 1962. These specific lamps are not for sale, check Etsy for what is. He keeps coming up with new designs and I will be doing some more tiki related sculpts for him. Cheers, Wendy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?page=1

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-01-03 17:31 ]

TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-03 3:28 pm   Permalink

Wendy, serendipity is a terrific thing! When we saw your post on Sven’s beautiful Red Tiki Lamp that was a Christmas present from WestADad, we clicked over to Roge Bodine’s Etsy site. Pat, my wife, then decided that I would get a Blue & Green Tiki Lamp as a birthday present, so an order was placed.

In correspondence, Roge shared his Laguna Lamps story and brochure, the one you just posted. When I looked through the brochure, I realized that I had just seen at least one of his lamps in the Hawaiian Inn at Daytona Beach (see Tiki Modern, pages 260 & 261). So I sent Roge this photo I had taken on December 17 from inside the Polynesian show area. He confirmed it was a Laguna Lamps Model R-102...

When Pat and I returned to Ohana Luau in the Hawaiian Inn for this past weekend’s New Year’s Eve party, I made a mental note to get a few more photos, presented below. Three of those lamps have been hanging inside the Polynesian show area for almost 50 years. It’s possible that there are a few more that I didn’t notice, as we were pretty busy socializing, drinking, eating and watching the show.

As you enter through this door, the first lamp presents itself in multi-color splendor (you can see it through the door glass)...

There are two more in the show area...

Mahalo, Wendy, for this thread... as a result, I’m receiving a beautiful Tiki lamp for my birthday next week, and we discovered yet another retro modern aspect of this historic Poly Pop “port of call.”

-Tom

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTomD 2012-01-04 03:01 ]

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-03 7:41 pm   Permalink

Happy Day TTD - nice score for your place, I'm counting pennies for one of those crystal matrix tiki lamps. Gonna change the weather if I can find an Altrusian pylon. Very cool that they are still in use in your neck of the woods.

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-04 05:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

(snip)....I’m receiving a beautiful Tiki lamp for my birthday next week, and we discovered yet another retro modern aspect of this historic Poly Pop “port of call.”

-Tom

That is cool Tom, looking forward to pictures of your lamp.

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation