FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Chunk Lamps by the original artist.10/11/14 Last items on Etsy. Roge is retiring.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Chunk Lamps by the original artist.10/11/14 Last items on Etsy. Roge is retiring.
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-24 5:14 pm   Permalink

Looks to be moving the tiki community forward. Beautiful stuff

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-24 5:22 pm   Permalink

It just keeps getting better & better!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-07 11:26 am   Permalink

teaKEY, Big Kahuna and VampiressRN, thank you for the posts and comments. I've been so busy that I didn't get back to work on these sculpts until yesterday. Now they are done. I just need to hook up with Roge in Grass Valley so the next step can be taken to make the Bumatay lamps. Finally I'm getting all these projects done. Cheers, Wendy

A full size mom octopus to go with the baby octopus.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?page=1

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-04-07 11:28 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-08 08:58 am   Permalink

Yesterday turned on a dime. I put away all of my clay tools so I could start painting the mugs when Roge said, "hey I can meet you at my shop today". So we jumped in the car and did the 4 hour round trip from Elk Grove to Grass Valley.

We dropped off the sea life sculptures and picked up a few Bumatay heads.

We also had fun seeing his lamps that are on Etsy for sale. Here's our day.

Roge gets the box of my sculpts.

A corner of his workspace.

The Bumatay.

A table with the Moai head the Bumatay. Also an assortment of whales by Miguel.

Miguel has made a whale of a chunk lamp. His looked so good I am extra excited to see how mine turns out.

Dan turns on the lamps so we may enjoy them.

The lamp in the middle is an experiment that worked. The resin is neither clear nor black it is rose. A whole new ambiance.

Roge hopes to mold the sculpts with Miguel tomorrow and to have the first prototype lamp ready by May 1st!

I hope you all have a special day. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-04-08 08:59 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-09 09:22 am   Permalink

Aaaah, looking at chunky resin goodness always makes my day!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-09 09:58 am   Permalink

I like all those little sculpted sea life additions you're making - really takes the chunk lamp to a new level. endless possibilites going down this road.... keep it up !!

I would like to see you cast some half round bamboo pieces.... I can see these with molded bamboo cast pieces in various colors with bits of the chunks thrown in around them....maybe glue a bunch of vertical half round bamboo pieces side by side on a piece of wood to cast as light panels on a four sided lamp...in colors !!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-15 9:57 pm   Permalink

Hey Tipsy thank you. I'll pass on your idea to Roge. He's constantly working on new designs.

bigbrotiki it is so much fun to have you watch what we are doing.

Cheers, Wendy

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 09:34 am   Permalink

The lamps keep getting better and better! I saw these two cool vintage Moai table lamps on ebay and wondered if they were Roge's work?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 4:10 pm   Permalink

Hi Dusty Cajun, well this is a small world. MadDogMike shared the making of your tiki wine glass with me step by step and now I get to talk to you.

The answer is no they are not his. He did chunk lamps without tiki or other extras. He didn't have any tikis associated with them until I did the sculpts of the Moai and Sun God.

Next up from Roge will be the Bumatay lamp with sea life creatures. He just got them molded. We go see him next week to design the lamp we want. Soon after he'll take orders. I'll post when he is ready with examples.

Are you bidding on those lamps? Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-07 08:20 am   Permalink

Last week we drove to Grass Valley to see Roge.

Here's a report on the Bumatay Chunk lamps.

These are the masters for each sea creature.

Roge is developing the Bumatay he'll offer for sale.

It is always fun to see what he has accomplished. I ordered a Bumatay lamp for us so in less than a month I'll have photos for you.

Cheers, Wendy

Here's Roge's site for orders. He has pre made Tiki Lamps for sale now.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-05-07 08:22 ]

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-07 10:43 am   Permalink

I would love to be able to buy a clay or resin bumatay, do you think Roge would be down?

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-24 08:44 am   Permalink

Hale Tiki Roge stays in his shop working. To buy a lamp just check out his Etsy site. You can special order your favorite colors. Check out Steve's below.

Yesterday we headed up the highway to Grass Valley to Roge shop. It was time to pick up our Bumatay Lamp. These lamps do not photograph well when lit but they look great in person.

I brought the tikis with the new bases added on for him to mold. Then he'll offer two versions. One that hangs on the wall and one that stands on its own. Those could be set on a window ledge with the light shining through.

This is my Bumatay Lamp. If you look hard you will see that some of the chunks are actually sea creatures from puffer fish to octopuses.

Roge gave us a gift of a photo of a lamp that he had enlarged. Very cool.

We got a sneak peek at Steve Soto's lamp in progress. It was a beautiful color choice.

Roge has gone back to his roots and pulled out another design. This one is not a box it is a tube. Lights on.

Lights off.

Miguel shows his work.

Here is a tiki free lamp.

Their work is for sale on Roge. Here's the link.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-05-24 08:45 ]

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-24 10:15 am   Permalink

Beautiful! Saving up my pennies now for future purchase - can't have too many chunkys, y'know?

Thanks for posting!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-12 5:43 pm   Permalink

Hi Friends, I'm happy to announce that the tikis that I sculpted for Roge's chunk lamps are now available as statues. He'll also make them in a color of your choice. Please check them out on his Etsy site listed below.

Only $14.50 each
https://www.etsy.com/listing/101912563/easter-island-moai-statue-with-base-cast

Tiki G it was good to finally meet you at Caliente and thank you for your post on the swap thread. Cheers, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-06-12 17:47 ]

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-20 4:08 pm   Permalink

Hi Friends, I'm happy to announce that the tikis that I sculpted for Roge's chunk lamps are now available as statues. He'll also make them in a color of your choice. Please check them out on his Etsy site listed below.

Only $14.50 each

https://www.etsy.com/listing/102570294/easter-island-moai-statue-tiki-color?ref=cat2_gallery_4

New Photo showing some color choices. He also has Orange and Green

Cheers, Wendy

PS check out National Geographic the July issue is out and it is on
Easter Island The Riddle of the Moving Statues - very cool

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation