[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Santa's Village
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Santa's Village
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-01 11:59 am   Permalink

Any of you remember this place?
I think I saw some thought about it around here earlier (was it John-O?)
We had a cabin in Blue Jay (near Lake Arrowhead)
Great memories!

Any pics? Dad lost all of ours.
There was one in Scott's Valley (near Santa Cruz) too.

Here is a good link:
Santa's Village

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-01 12:04 pm   Permalink

I believe the ruins are still there.

Roadside America: Santa's Village Ruins

You can still see the bee monorail.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-01 8:39 pm   Permalink

I used to go to Santa's Village in Scotts Valley, CA as a kid. Even then, it was a dump. But I still have fond memories.

Several of the notable buildings, Santa's Workshop, the Chapel and another were relocated to a resort near Lake Tahoe, called Sorensen's. I have stayed in all three of them at one time or another for the memories. You can see a couple of them here
http://www.sorensensresort.com/rooms.html#tabs-5

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-02 09:12 am   Permalink

This Disney guy has some great shots & remembrances of the Village. Just scroll down a bit.
http://matterhorn1959.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-11-06T06:00:00-08:00&max-results=20

[ This Message was edited by: drgoat456 2011-12-02 09:13 ]

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-02 11:54 am   Permalink

My folks took us kids every Xmas to the "Skyforest Village" all threw the 60s
this is where Santa's Reindeer took it easy when it was not Xmas....

Our other regular activities were going to the Hollywood Christmas Parade
and the Japanese Deer Park.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-02 4:55 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-03 07:56 am   Permalink

My mom and dad went to Lake Arrowhead on their honeymoon back in 1959 and went to Santa's Village while they were there. I have some pictures around and will post them when I find them.

I only went to the Lake Arrowhead park when I was very little, probably around 5 years old. I have seen the ruins of the one in the Santa Cruz mountains from the road, but not for a few years.

In the meantime, here are some scans of some old postcards I have...

"Welcome House at Santa's Village-the entrance to a world of delightful fantasy and whimsey".

"Santa's Home at Santa's Village-where children sign the Good Book. Santa's unusal clock tells the time of year".

"The Easter Bunny is one of several story characters show live at Santa' Village and are popular with children".

"Santa and Mrs. Claus pause in formt of the Chapel of the Little Shepherd at Santa's Village".

"All aboard Santa's train, which makes an exciting trip through the Enchanted Forest and Lollypop Land".

"Santa's Village has the North Pole. It's ice cold and never melts".

"Santa watches children having fun riding in his giant Christmas tree at Santa's Village".

"Dancer, Prancer, Donner and Blitzen pull Santa's sleigh to thrill youngsters at Santa's Village".

"Mrs. Claus' Candy Kitchen at Santa's Village delights children with freshly made goodies everday".

"Thousands of dolls to delight you hearts are to be found in the Doll House at Santa's Village".

"Jack Pumpkinhead joins the children in a ride on the Magic Train at Santa's Village".

Enjoy,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-03 10:11 am   Permalink

It was part of our holiday tradition EVERY year. Very sad when they closed it. I'll see if I can dig up the pics. I know we have them somewhere. BTW: Isn't there a Santa's Village on 101 before Santa Barbara?

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-03 12:34 pm   Permalink

Possibly Santa Claus lane at Carpinteria?

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-03 2:33 pm   Permalink

I actually worked at the Santa's Village in Scotts Valley when I was in high school. You can read about it here:
http://www.tikiking.com/Rambling_pumpkinhead.html

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki King 2011-12-04 12:43 ]

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 09:39 am   Permalink

Yes! If that's the Giant Santa we can see from the freeway, that's it!. I always thought it was a village and we've always wanted to pull off and check it out. But always on a tight schedule.

Last time we went through it wasn't there. We were saddened in missing the opportunity. Hopefully they'll put the Santa back up after renovation. Thanks for posting this!

Quote:

On 2011-12-03 12:34, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-05 12:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-04 09:39, Coco Loco wrote:
Yes! If that's the Giant Santa we can see from the freeway, that's it!. I always thought it was a village and we've always wanted to pull off and check it out. But always on a tight schedule.

Last time we went through it wasn't there. We were saddened in missing the opportunity. Hopefully they'll put the Santa back up after renovation. Thanks for posting this!

Quote:

On 2011-12-03 12:34, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:

It was a small point of interest. There was a small train ride as well as a snowman on top of another building. I remember it mostly for its delicious date shakes. We would get one on the way home from a Sunday drive (remember those) to Santa Barbara. The other interesting thing was that during the holiday season you could get your Christmas cards post marked "Santa Claus, CA". I did that all the years I lived in Summerland.

The people who own th property wanted to play up the fact that the lane is right by the ocean.* So Santa was evicted several years ago. He was given a permanent home in Oxnard and now greets you from the other side of the 101.

* The scrooges are still chapped that the street is Santa Claus Lane. They really want to change it.

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-08 12:58 pm   Permalink

The Bee Monorail can be seen in this video.

Youtube:Santa's Village 1965

Caution: Music will be stuck in your head for hours

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 11:59 am   Permalink

Just learned that the Christmas train from Skyforest now lives at the Santa Ana Zoo.

The Zoofari Express

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-12-17 4:20 pm   Permalink

Santa's Enchanted Village

A short film shot at Santa's Village:
(Somewhat now creepy in a David Lynch sort of way...)

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uek-TaL78hQ

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwOcm5omK2U

Another film shot at Santa's Village:

Santa's Magic Kingdom

Part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNE9r3f9Yto

Part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJUYdfjA0bw

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation