FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki How many motorcyclists in our ranks?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
How many motorcyclists in our ranks?
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 01:09 am   Permalink

I posted some pics of my little bar and was suprised by some of my fellow riders out there!.How many are we?, SOUND OFF!!!

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-10 09:33 am   Permalink

I used to ride a GS1100 Katana...but I sold it to my bro.
But I still keep my license updated!

View Profile of Tikitack Send a personal message to Tikitack  Email Tikitack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 09:57 am   Permalink

I was taking MSF classes here in CA, and nearly ran over the instructor... so, it'll be awhile before I get my motorcycle license.

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 9:54 pm   Permalink

yo tikimonkey, I do occasional training for new riders on certain sundays......i'm in santa monica. If you need help just let me know.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-11 10:40 am   Permalink

Wahine Marian and I ride my Vulcan Classic 800. I've put about 11,000 miles on it in 6 years of doing day trips to the beach. I'd own a chopper, except for all the $$$ I spend on my tiki addiction. Best ride I ever did was down to Key West and back with a tent and sleeping bag. The Keys are motorcycle heaven.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-06-11 10:42 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stunned

Posted: 2003-06-15 12:25 pm   Permalink

I just sold a Honda V45 Sabre and a Honda Silverwing. Miss them both but I haven't ridden for two years.

View Profile of Stunned Send a personal message to Stunned  Email Stunned Goto the website of Stunned     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-15 3:11 pm   Permalink

If you don't use them, then selling was good. Did you have kids or some such thing?, why 2 years off?.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-15 3:45 pm   Permalink

Not an actual rider myself, but I've logged many hours as a passenger -- there was a time when it was my main mode of transport. Those were great times, and I miss them. Still have my helmet, I refuse to part with it though it's gathering dust; donated my jacket ages ago. There's a beautiful pale yellow BMW near my work that calls to me every time I pass it. Periodically I consider getting a bike of my own, when I'm down in LA it may become practical enough for me to consider it more seriously.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 6:57 pm   Permalink

If you come to l.a., two wheeler will hook you up with a bike. I also help train riders.were you riding in seattle?

KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-17 07:24 am   Permalink

Harley RoadKing Classic in sights. I am on the waiting list. I sold my Sportster about two years ago.

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DarkTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-19 02:17 am   Permalink

2001 HD Sportster 883
weather's been nice lately

View Profile of DarkTiki Send a personal message to DarkTiki  Email DarkTiki Goto the website of DarkTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-19 1:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-16 18:57, twowheelin'tiki wrote:
If you come to l.a., two wheeler will hook you up with a bike. I also help train riders.were you riding in seattle?

Thanks, twowheelin'tiki! Yeah, this was in Seattle. (Is it still considered "riding" when you're just the passenger? I always figured it didn't really count.) I'm going to take the MSF course, but I don't know if I'll do it here or in CA. I'll probably be busy enough with moving that it'll have to wait until I'm down there. It might be nice to have some help selecting a bike -- I'm freakishly small, so it's likely that I'll need to have a bike lowered. My aunt's giving me a hand, too -- she's been riding for 20-some-odd years, she started when she was my age.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-22 2:20 pm   Permalink

Michelle, you need to get a light blue Vespa. For some reason I can just see you one of those.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-22 7:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-22 14:20, Luckydesigns wrote:
Michelle, you need to get a light blue Vespa. For some reason I can just see you one of those.

I do love Vespas, and maybe I'll have one someday, but the motorcycle would probably come first. I'm probably going to start with a small Honda, but the ultimate goal is to move up to something sleek & European, probably a Ducati.

twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-25 6:04 pm   Permalink

yo humu humu, my wife is 4'11" and she rides a 500cc bike.She is a 50/50, meaning half torso and half legs. So if she can ride, you can ride.email me when you are ready.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation