FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food SF Bay Area Rum Club?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
SF Bay Area Rum Club?
jdseeks
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-12 8:32 pm   Permalink

Hi! My Wahine and I are very interested. We live in the north bay (Novato). I will post in the survey. I have a hilariously roomy tiki lounge at work (!) that I would be willing to host a meeting at. However that would mean a pilgrimage up north. Anyway we look forward to meeting everyone and enjoying some rum! Jim and Julie.

View Profile of jdseeks Send a personal message to jdseeks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-13 10:46 am   Permalink

My vote would be for Smugglers Cove or Forbidden Island, Vics just doesn't have the rum selection.

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tofukulele
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-13 11:05 am   Permalink

Aloha folks,

I think it's time to wrap up the voting. The final tally leaves us with a tie between Forbidden Island and TV's in Palo Alto. Given that there are twelve votes for a combination of TV's Emeryville, Smuggler's Cove and Forbidden Island, it would seem most equitable to go with Forbidden Island for geographic reasons. Unless anyone has a big objection to this rationale, I say we set a time and date for this meetup at FI.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Mahalo,
Josh

View Profile of tofukulele Send a personal message to tofukulele  Goto the website of tofukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paulynesia

Posted: 2011-12-13 12:29 pm   Permalink

I agree that Forbidden Island makes the most sense given the majority of voting was for northern Bay Area watering holes. Since there will be at least a modicum of travel involved for nearly everyone it might make sense to plan the meet up for a Saturday. FI opens at 5pm and if we plan to get there soon after opening we can use the space in the back of the bar to meet (or even outside if the weather allows).

[ This Message was edited by: paulynesia 2011-12-13 12:30 ]

View Profile of paulynesia Send a personal message to paulynesia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tofukulele
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-13 1:31 pm   Permalink

That makes sense to me, Paul. What say the rest of you folks? I for one am getting very excited!

If Saturday is to be the day, then this coming Saturday would be the only real chance to get it done in December, as the following Saturday is XMAS eve, and the one after that is NYE.

Aloha,
Josh

View Profile of tofukulele Send a personal message to tofukulele  Goto the website of tofukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tofukulele
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-13 5:00 pm   Permalink

Subsequent to the previous post, Paul and I remembered we both had holiday parties to attend this Saturday, so I'm thinking many of you are in the same boat. Therefore, it seems as though the next realistic chance for that first meetup at Forbidden Island will be on Saturday 1/7 at 5:00. Paul and I are in. Who else can make it?

Aloha,
Josh

The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-13 6:21 pm   Permalink

Color me there!

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tofukulele
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-17 5:13 pm   Permalink

Are you in for the meetup at 5:00 on Saturday 1/7 at Forbidden Island in Alameda? If so, please let everyone know right here in this thread! Only three of us have RSVP'ed at this juncture.

Aloha,
Josh

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-20 01:31 am   Permalink

Sorry, I have a rehearsal in Walnut Creek starting mid-afternoon and going into some time in the evening that day, so I won't be able to make it on the 7th.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tofukulele
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-20 08:17 am   Permalink

Mahalo for posting, Jen. If 1/7/2012 isn't a good first choice, let's find a date that works for the most folks possible! If people would rather meet on the following Saturday or another day, please post and let the group know.

Aloha,
Josh

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-20 10:42 am   Permalink

Just do it for January 7.

Those that can make it can come and those that can't come can come another time.

You won't ever find a date that works with everyone so I vote the 7th.

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-21 06:07 am   Permalink

I'm on the East Coast and will not be in CA any time soon, but I am curious as to why Martin Cate's place did not get more votes.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gil-in-Oakland

Posted: 2011-12-21 10:56 pm   Permalink

I will surely try to make don't know what is happening in Jan just yet.

But I will put it on the calendar.

Gil

View Profile of Gil-in-Oakland Send a personal message to Gil-in-Oakland  Goto the website of Gil-in-Oakland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-12-23 9:56 pm   Permalink

Would like to come, but it looks like I'll be busy with a work deadline through that weekend. I'd say go ahead though, hope there's a next time.

BTW, was just enjoying this one...

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tofukulele
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-03 7:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha, folks!

A reminder: please join me at Forbidden Island this Saturday at 5:00 for our grassroots rum club ice-breaker! I hope to have a drink with all of you who expressed interest in starting this club, and decide where to go from there. Should be fun and exciting--come be a part of it!

A hui hou,
Josh

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation