Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Rugbymatt heading to Kona in January
Rugbymatt heading to Kona in January
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-07 09:30 am   Permalink

Finally getting my arse to Hawaii! Since I am planning to be at rugby event in Honolulu next fall I decided to take a short trip to the Big Island after New Years and pay a visit to my friends at Okolemaluna in Kona.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-07 10:59 am   Permalink

Awesome! Lots to do on the Big Island. Don the Beachcomber's bar in Kona at sunset is not to be missed! Neither is the Place of Refuge just down the road at Honaunau. You'll have a blast.

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-10 03:15 am   Permalink

Okelemaluna is awesome. Spent a good few hours there recently and the drinks are stellar! Easily the best drinks on the island.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-23 2:26 pm   Permalink

What a great trip! The Ginardi's and their staff at Okolemaluna were excellent hosts. I finished the bar list in about 15 hours spread over 4 evenings. Love the Big Island and put some serious island miles on my Sebring. Spent a great day out n' about with Corey (Mongoloid) and Susan hitting Polu'u black sand beach, Kilehuea Volcano, Hilo, and driving the Saddle. During my layover on Oahu I snuck over to La Mariana for lunch before flying back to Cali.

Definitely want to go back again to Hawai'i but I am playing in an old boys rugby tournament in Waikiki in November so that will be next up for now.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-20 11:31 am   Permalink

Matt sounds like an awesome trip .I will have to get some details from you before
I head back over to the big island and Oahu in the very near future.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation