FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » DA SHOW, where and when?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
DA SHOW, where and when?
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 1:38 pm   Permalink

when, what time and how to get there from the 405?

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 2:00 pm   Permalink

Check out this link.

http://www.alohacruz.com/dashowpage.htm

I will see you and all my TC brethren there.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 2:01 pm   Permalink

I think lots of the local Tcers will be there. I know I'm looking forward to it.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 2:04 pm   Permalink

Previous ditty about Da Show

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 2:12 pm   Permalink

Are all of you TC folk going to Da Show going to spend all day there or is anyone up for some sideshow activities? I am driving up from San Diego and am not real familiar with anything else in that area? Maybe we could hang for lunch somewhere or hit any interesting tiki spots of interest nearby.

Does anybody from San Diego want to carpool? I plan on going to Laneys after Da Show for a few hours.

Anyone, Anyone.....Bueller, Bueller?

Monkeyman

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 2:27 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman, I will be going to Da Show in the morning and heading off to my nephew's birthday party in the afternoon. You (and your family if you bring them) are welcome to come along with us (its a kids party). I too, will be going to Laney's in the evening - probably sometime after 6pm.

I know, its a boring alternative but hey, there'll be a pinata...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 2:46 pm   Permalink

I will keep that in mind. I decided to leave my kids at home this time and my wife is going to stay home with them. This time I will be running solo. Free as the wind. I thought that since I was going for some suckemup at Laneys, it wouldn't be cool to drag my kids there. What is the modus operandus for TC gatherings and kids? They are 2.5 and 4.5 yrs old.

Monkeyman

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 4:37 pm   Permalink

Now that's it! The perfect thing for socal tiki/mex. A tiki Pinata? A Fred! Patent pending!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 4:44 pm   Permalink

DAMN YOU, you beat me to the patent.

As an old graff artist I always take note of graphitti art when I'm driving around. Lately I've been spotting a graphitti artists that has been painting little moais along the 405 as well as putting up giant stickers with images on them that always have that same moai somewhere on the side. Anyone caught this? I which I had thought of it. He's just going around putting moais everywhere.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-10 10:23 pm   Permalink

Hey SS and CT,
You think Chaka (was that his tag? sp?) is into tiki now???? Maybe he's the Moai Man!!??

View Profile of Boob Send a personal message to Boob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 10:44 pm   Permalink

Which brings us back to the original question: what time are folks going? DA SHOW goes 6:00am - 5:00pm; I'm heading down there 'bout 11:30. Anybody want to stop by my place for a cocktail ahead of time ('Mai Tai's for breakfast?' Why the hell not?), drop me a line (I'm 'bout 10 -15 min. from Da Show). Since I really don't plan on buying anything, I'd like to go when my TC peeps are there, so we can shop and socialize en masse...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 10:50 pm   Permalink

Doctor Z,

I would join you if you are interested in serving up after lunch? I will be floating around. I plan on arriving at Da Show at 9:00 am.

All the birds sing words and the flowers croon, in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room. (Disneyland)

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-06-10 22:51 ]

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-11 07:41 am   Permalink

I expect to be there sometime between 9-10am. You can call my cel at XXXXX to find me.

Poly-Pop *

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-12-10 17:58 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-06-11 10:18 am   Permalink

Me and my wahini will be waiting in line at 5:50 am! Hey, there might be something there I need you know!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-11 6:16 pm   Permalink

see ya guys in a coupla days at da show. I'm mainland bound in bout 24 hours.

aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation