FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » DA SHOW, where and when?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
DA SHOW, where and when?
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-11 11:42 pm   Permalink

What is the parking like down there at Da Show? If we get there mid-afternoon, are we going to be out of luck?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 10:44 am   Permalink

The parking lot is huge there. Should not be a problem.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pacific Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 1:22 pm   Permalink

ITs always a good show - I should be there in the early morning. I will have the Hinano hat on

View Profile of Pacific Andy Send a personal message to Pacific Andy  Email Pacific Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 12:25 am   Permalink

Well it looks like most folks are going at totally different times, so I'm gonna nix my 'Mai Tai Breakfast' offer and do my usual garage sale-ing with Sabu in the morning. Of course, I'd like to have people over between Da Show and Laney's, but that's just overkill now isn't it? Besides, I think the "Point Break" ('The Surfin' Tiki Bar - Since 1947') has finally opened, and I thought I'd give it a visit.

Look for us in the early afternoon - we'll be the two guys wearing aloha shirts...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pacific Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 12:46 pm   Permalink

Just got back - The show is great, although I liked the location last year. Seemed more intimate. This felt too open, maybe its a phobia. Seemed like a lot less vendors as well.

View Profile of Pacific Andy Send a personal message to Pacific Andy  Email Pacific Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 11:43 pm   Permalink

Scored some nice shirts, was disapointed on the lack of vendors, no music and same ole stuff. Need some new blood or?... Guy there selling surf stuff that should have been in a museum, Duke Invational trophies! I will probably pass next year...

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 12:21 am   Permalink

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed in the small amount of dealers as well as the high prices. But we did get to spend about a good 20-30 minutes talking with Alfred Shaheen. Got to pick his brain about clothing and stuff. His daughter, Camille, was really nice too. She gave us a 5x7 photo of her dad in the 50s with his three top guys. They were all wearing Shaheen shirts except for Shaheen himself. Alfred also signed it for us. So that was definitely worth the drive in traffic down there.

alfredshaheen.com

We also got to try a Hawaiian restaurant with Al & Shelly near there that Sabu and Dr. Z recommended. It was really good and they gave you tons of food. I was happy with a sake martini and Atomic was especially joyful that they had Spam wasubi.

[ This Message was edited by: vintagegirl on 2003-06-16 00:25 ]

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation