FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Mai-Kai History Presentation at the Mai-Kai! with vintage movie debut!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Mai-Kai History Presentation at the Mai-Kai! with vintage movie debut!
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-10 08:39 am   Permalink

We are down to the wire now! Did the preview in the Hideaway for my presentation and even those who saw it before in the Tiki Oasis version were impressed with the new one. A lot more info and story.

At this point I have about 13 former Mai-Kai staff ranging from Mystery Girls of the 1950s and 60s to a manager from 1957 to of course performers and Maitre d'. You can meet the people whose stories I am telling and maybe hear stories from their mouth's I can't tell. Johnny and Ed's good friend who brought the Mystery Girl to the Tonight Show, and was shipwrecked on a deserted island with Jayne Mansfield!

Come on out and revel in the greatest Tiki bar on earth and here the great stories that will make you appreciate more than you can imagine!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-04-17 5:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2012-01-05 09:38, Swanky wrote:

Ann Campbell...

Is that her hand wrapped around that drink? Sorry for asking, but I can't figure out what I'm seeing - those look like the world's longest fingers.

In any case, this sounds great, wish we were there for it.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-17 9:07 pm   Permalink

We're really looking forward to this!

And we're also happy to be sharing our research at the symposium on which 30 cocktails on The Mai-Kai menu are descendants of Don the Beachcomber drinks.

So you can plan your imbibing accordingly.

Mahalo!

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-20 5:05 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Swanky, the presentation was fantastic!

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-21 08:43 am   Permalink

Sounds like it was a hit! Nice job Swanky.

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-23 07:53 am   Permalink

Many people told me brought them to tears, which I took as a good sign!

I have been asked to do it again in other venues, as part of various historical presentations. Will let you know when and where you will have the chance to see it again.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-23 1:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-23 07:53, Swanky wrote:
Many people told me brought them to tears, which I took as a good sign!

I have been asked to do it again in other venues, as part of various historical presentations. Will let you know when and where you will have the chance to see it again.

The Mai-Kai should sell Swanky's talk as a DVD!

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-23 5:33 pm   Permalink

That's what I was thinking - a DVD! So when is the show coming to the West Coast?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 04:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-23 17:33, Dustycajun wrote:
That's what I was thinking - a DVD! So when is the show coming to the West Coast?

DC

!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 10:07 am   Permalink

The presentation has changed so much since Oasis, that is does not compare. And it will continue to evolve.

I did Oasis as part of a vacation really and probably will not be back. I don't have the time and money for the trip.

There are possibilities for more Lauderdale showings and maybe NY, Hawaii or Columbus in the future. We'll see. Find me a sponsor and I'm there.

In the meantime, I must get the book going and get it published. Pablus and I discussed a documentary, but I really don't have the time for that right now either. I do want to get some interviews in the can while those folks are with us...

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 4:17 pm   Permalink

bOOk!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 5:30 pm   Permalink

More pix please!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 5:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-24 16:17, RevBambooBen wrote:
bOOk!!!

Book is good too. Book & DVD (or...oooooh...Blu-Ray) would be even better.

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-27 6:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-24 17:30, Chip and Andy wrote:
More pix please!

Yeah what he said!!
Swanky I wish we could have been there.
Your presentation sounds like it was great!
On the Mai Kai you and Tiki Killki are the go to people.
Both of you are the keepers of all things Mai Kai.
If you make it to Columbus we will be there for sure.
Great job.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 8:43 pm   Permalink

loved the preview!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation