FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » The Hukilau 2012 Official Thread & Announcement!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
The Hukilau 2012 Official Thread & Announcement!
Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-18 5:25 pm   Permalink

So envious, just couldn't schwing it this year. Have a Happy Hukilau everyone!

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-19 11:23 am   Permalink

It was good to see Mr. Berry, Mr. Cate, Mr. and Mrs. Desmond, the gang from Lani Kai and others enjoying The Mai-Kai into the wee hours last night.

It's shaping up to be a festive year!

The "Survival Guide" is updated with everything you need to know about today and tonight:
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2012/04/18/got-tiki-trepidation-heres-a-hukilau-survival-guide/#thursday

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMugCollectors
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-19 12:18 pm   Permalink

I wanted to pop in and let the board know that I am celebrating the Hukilau 2012 kickoff by posting a historical look at the mug releases of the past at the Hukilau. I spent a good deal of time researching this article (despite my absence from prior events) and I truly hope it adds to the flavor of the event since I'm stuck in Winter Park, FL this weekend. I have been careful to credit all artists and Ooga-Mooga for all of their wonderful and hard work. Mad shout out to Tiki Kiliki for keeping our exotic hearts filled each year! Keep it up. I'm working consistently and hard on my blog and hope to offer my multimedia skills to the promotion or showcase side of the Hukilau and Tiki Oasis in future years! Mahalo and enjoy!

The 10 Years of Hukilau Tiki Mugs:

http://thegangisound.blogspot.com/2012/04/10-years-of-hukilau-tiki-mugs.html

Enjoy the event and imbibe on one for me!

View Profile of TikiMugCollectors Send a personal message to TikiMugCollectors  Goto the website of TikiMugCollectors     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-20 05:47 am   Permalink

Lani Kai last night. PKNY tonight. Had a chance, mahalo to George Jenkins, to see what PKNY was cooking up in the kitchen last night. Unbelievable. Mounds of ginger and limes, cinnamon and other ingredients.

It's all out war, the battle of Manhattan, as one of the distinguished Lani Kai bartenders stated.

Music, laughs, nice breezes, lovely wahines in vintage and island wear, lots of art, carvings, vinyl, things of that nature.

Sven brought a Mai Tai swizzle to me during the first few songs of my set. That's livin' right there. I opted out of the Mai Kai as I had already been there the night before and will most likely go again this evening. Pacing, you know.

It's a beautiful morning in Ft. Lauderdale and I think I'm the only person in this hotel to witness it... after a night's sleep anyway.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-20 07:28 am   Permalink

A few random photos from Thursday night ...

The Intoxicators rock the Best Western:

The Lani Kai served up perfect Mai Tais:

A birds-eye view of the fire dance:

Later, at The Mai-Kai, the tiki gods were satiated:

Let's see your photos (or links) ...

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-20 09:15 am   Permalink

Day 3 of the survival guide is up:
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2012/04/18/got-tiki-trepidation-heres-a-hukilau-survival-guide/#friday

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-21 05:55 am   Permalink

No more pix so far? Everybody must too busy having fun! Here are some isolated impressions:

Poolside at the Oceanside

The Mai Kai - before the show:

Swanky's show:

The Wreck Bar a bit crowded:

The view on top of the pool:

A mermaid in her element:

A Tiki archeologist in HIS element!:

This one is for Nick and Moritz:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-21 08:25 am   Permalink

Thanks for the photos BigBroTiki!

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-21 08:41 am   Permalink

Thanks so much BigBro for allowing those of us who couldn't be there to experience the event though your photos! It would appear you are having a wonderful time "in your element".

The Atomic Grog updates are great also!

Mahalo and Cheers!!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-21 5:00 pm   Permalink

Had a great time at Hukilau! Sent a whole lot of Tiki Tower art off to new homes, but best of all really enjoyed meeting so many Tiki Central members and facebook friends who always seem to have great stories at the ready!

It was greet meeting and sitting down for breakfast with TikiTomD and his wife (who is the proud owner of my 6 year old daughter's Mermaid drawing), also thrilled to meet Sven (who graciously signed my copy of The Book Of Tiki), GatorRob, Brian and Gary of The Intoxicators, Pablus who was so kind in his appraisal of my work and gave a great performance, a brief encounter with Guitar God Eddie Angel and many more!

Being a vendor I didn't have a whole lot of opportunity to walk around and take pics, but I have a few to share, most from the vantage point of my room and a few from the fun photobooth!

The free drinks were good and plentiful! Everyone recieved one of these!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ This Message was edited by: zerostreet 2012-04-25 17:28 ]

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-21 6:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pictures, looks like a great time was had. Especially by Sven!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-22 04:58 am   Permalink

Indeed, Chris, Sven was clearly enjoying himself, as you can see from the photo below when King Kukulele warmly greeted him at the poolside...

And here he is recuperating with Mai-Kai beverage in the Molokai Bar Saturday night...

Looking thru the glass at the far end of the Molokai Bar (with reflections of interior lamps)...

A pair of lovely Molokai Maidens...

A Kona Coffee Grog in preparation inside the Molokai Bar...

George Jenkins (TikiHardBop) in readiness to serve Zombie samples during the Bum's symposium at the Mai-Kai...

Jeff 'Beachbum' Berry presenting "Revenge Of The Zombie: The Tale of Tiki’s Deadliest Drink" at the Mai-Kai Saturday afternoon...

Steve Remsberg demonstrating Zombie preparation during the Bum's "Revenge Of The Zombie: The Tale of Tiki’s Deadliest Drink" presentation...

GatorRob tapping into the Mai-Kai's Mystery Drink...

And the Mai-Kai's Polynesian show begins...

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-22 2:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much to everyone for posting pictures and some insightful commentary as well! Great stuff!

I sure wish I could have been there...

Cheers!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-22 5:42 pm   Permalink

Wonderful pictures Tom, thank you so much!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-22 6:03 pm   Permalink

What a GREAT time...it was wonderful to meet so many of the TCers in attendance, too. Many, many thanks to the terrific Tiki Kiliki and to volunteer coordinator Shell-In-The-Pacific. I'm exhausted, but it's a good kind of tired...

[ This Message was edited by: jokeiii 2012-04-23 12:38 ]

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation