[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Pics of Monkeyman's Lounge
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Pics of Monkeyman's Lounge
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 1:51 pm   Permalink

Here are some pics of my lounge so far.....

[ This Message was edited by: monkeyman on 2003-07-01 11:03 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 2:09 pm   Permalink

Ruin the surprise? No way! Post some pictures when you can!

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-06-10 15:01 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 2:23 pm   Permalink

If I may add my 2 cents, July looks like a good month.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 09:13 am   Permalink

This is our hut. The kitchen is on the other side. The great wall of masks still needs a few more masks.

This is just half of the entertainment center I started building last July and finished in February. It is made from teak. Over $1500 on wood alone!!!

This is a 24"x36" tikiroom print that we had custom framed by link at frame fetish. The mantle below is solid teak and the custom tile job below incorporates a simple palm tree mosaic. The palm tree is made from green marble and travertine and is surrounded with silver slate.

This is one of the several valances we have that accent the dark bamboo blinds. The bamboo rods pass through custom made brackets cut from solid teak and are made to look like a tiki hut roofline.

We purchased one of those 4 seater home theater sofas this year and made 8 of these pillows to tie in with our valances

I am simultaneously working on drapery made from barkcloth and the hand carved tiki ottoman that you may have seen on another post. Gary (from Badass tikis) is shipping me my bamboo barstools from an ebay auctiion. I hope to have a little more decorative clutter by July 12. I also have a bunch of decor that I use to trick out my garage. Unfortunately I do not have the luxurious back yards that many other TC members do.

Monkeyman

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-06-12 09:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-06-12 09:26 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 09:36 am   Permalink

I'm there
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 09:51 am   Permalink

NICE entertainment center!

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 10:00 am   Permalink

Monkeyman,
You're quite the carpenter! Can't wait to see everything in person.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamzeno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 10:03 am   Permalink

That looks like one classy joint Monkeyman! Excellent work on the entertainment center.

View Profile of bamzeno Send a personal message to bamzeno  Email bamzeno Goto the website of bamzeno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 5:22 pm   Permalink

Very nice! I can't wait to see it in person...

Hmmm.... I'll have a month between your unveiling and mine, so I'll have a chance to pull some Hoiti Toiti moves to keep up with you!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 5:48 pm   Permalink

Hey MonkeyMan, would you mind if Poly Pop and I visit your place tomorrow afternoon? We'll be at smogbreather's hut. But you might want to wait for the official unveiling. JT

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 11:09 pm   Permalink

Please stop by. I work until 5 and will be in my garage carving Friday night. It would be fun to have you over and give me some feedback/ tips on additional decor.

Please email me and I will give you the specifics.

I am probably 30 minutes from San Clemente

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 11:11 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-06-13 08:35 ]

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 09:55 am   Permalink

That entertainment center is gorgeous...You are a craftsman.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 12:01 am   Permalink

nice work!. the drapes/window accents rule.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 11:09 am   Permalink

Are there enough stops for a North San Diego County crawl yet?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation