FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food "Beachbum Berry: Why I Love Tiki" from Class Magazine
"Beachbum Berry: Why I Love Tiki" from Class Magazine
Rawim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-20 1:10 pm   Permalink

http://www.diffordsguide.com/class-magazine/read-online/en/2011-12-20/page-3/tiki

My favorite quote: "I find it fascinating that a well-made pre-Prohibition cocktail with three ingredients can be like a poem, but a tiki drink with up to 12 ingredients can be a symphony."

View Profile of Rawim Send a personal message to Rawim  Goto the website of Rawim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-20 2:05 pm   Permalink

Interesting article, thank you for posting the link.

It was surprising to see someone with the Bum's Tiki stature call out Trader Vic's (the corporation) in a magazine article. Hopefully they will read it and act accordingly (for the better).

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor G
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-21 05:16 am   Permalink

I really enjoyed reading that. Thanks for posting.

View Profile of Professor G Send a personal message to Professor G  Goto the website of Professor G     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-21 07:33 am   Permalink

Great read! Mahalo for posting!

I was a bit surprised by all the typos... weird.

I totally agree with the comments about TV's in Atlanta. I started making my own syrups and drinks from one of the "Bum's" books and then went to TV's for a taste. I was pretty disappointed in the quality.

Cheers,
QT

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation