FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Trader Mort's Liquor, San Diego, CA (store)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Trader Mort's Liquor, San Diego, CA (store)
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-20 4:50 pm   Permalink

So it seems like some of the information I received on this place was a bit off. The last name of the original owner was Morton. I now know this for a fact since his nephew is working for me. He is going to hunt down any old items from Trader Morts from the old days before it changed owners. As soon as he gets a chance to talk to him, I should be able to find out the original opening date and hopefully some stories about the tiki and more. I will keep you guys posted as I receive more information.

The original owner still owns Miguel's and Brigandine, the restaurants close to Trader Morts.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-05 9:14 pm   Permalink

I can't provide any verification on the original date but I used to hang out on Shelter Island as a kid and went to the Kona Kai and the Bali Hai all the time. I remember seeing that liquor store there back in the 60's. I was too young for drinking but was always fascinated by it. I can't believe I have never been in there...definitely going in the next time I am in San Diego. Thanks for posting pictures.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation