[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » The Beachcomber TV Series, 1962
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Beachcomber TV Series, 1962
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-19 7:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks for that info! They chopped the nudity on the afternoon TV version I saw in New Zealand. As an impressionable pubescent lad at the time, I would definitely remember if Laya Raki had shown off her not inconsiderable charms. LOL

Thanks too bigbrotiki for the info about The Beachcomber. Another series I hope to see one day.

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-21 06:17 am   Permalink

THIS is why I love Tiki Central!!!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-24 10:16 pm   Permalink

Thank you Bongo for the tip to buy SEEKERS DVD. These multi-title films are tricky. I had a grey market LAND OF FURY DVD-R but as usual the quality was not so great and most importantly the topless Raki scene was cut out. Like most grey market privateers they get their source content off TV or cable so I had the censored version. I love this new disc, I try to buy the studio releases when they come available because of the quality.

Areola nui, I mean Aloha nui again Bongo

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-25 3:39 pm   Permalink

Here are a few more Laya Raki visuals... the first is a 1954 lobby card for The Seekers (aka Land of Fury). That is Laya Raki running in the foreground.

Next is a 1954 press photo of a scene from the same movie... the caption reads “Laya Raki stares in horror at the prostrate form of Jack Hawkins, whose life has just been spared by the Maori chieftain Inia Te Wiata in this scene from Land of Fury, a tense adventure story of the struggle of early British settlers against fierce Maori natives in New Zealand, filmed in Eastman Color.”

That press photo appears to be a black & white version of the color image used in the Italian movie poster previously shared by creativenative...

Quote:

On 2013-08-19 01:56, creativenative wrote:

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation