FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » La Luz de Jesus Gallery presents "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" - Art o' Brad Parker, July 6 - 29th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
La Luz de Jesus Gallery presents "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" - Art o' Brad Parker, July 6 - 29th
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-22 12:59 am   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
My art show at "La Luz de Jesus Gallery" is another day closer.
Here's another sneak peek at what will be on the walls...

"Tales from the Tiki Lounge #7 (The Secret Cove)"
12 1/2" x 18"
1 of 1
Gallery wrapped giclee on canvas.

Here is a link to my listing for my up coming show at "La Luz De Jesus Gallery"
http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/2012/Parker/TikiShark2012.htm
ALOHA, MAHALO, and Hope 2 See U There!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-04-22 01:50 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-25 5:32 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

New news!

"Hawaiian Eye"
Acrylic on canvas 20" x 24"
Part of the "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" art show at "La luz de Jesus" gallery, July 6th - July 29th...

Has been awarded entry into "SPECTRUM 19: The Years Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art"

I thrilled and excited to be spreading our Tiki Culture through this venue.
The original painting of "Hawaiian Eye" will be on display in my "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" art show this July 6th to July 29th, at the Los Angeles "La luz de Jesus Gallery", Opening night is July 6th. So you can give it an eye ball in person there. Afterward it is being shipped to the art patron who bought it. (a very nice gentleman who is, appropriately enough, a law enforcement officer who has a taste for tiki and skulls) Spectrum 19 books will be on sale at all major book stores Nov 2012.
ALOHA!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-02 01:11 am   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Well, it's May 1st!
The Big art show is one month closer!
The Big art show is one day closer!
EEK! I gotta say I'm a bit nervous. As Grammy tiki-shark used to day "I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of Rocking chairs!"

In case you have a copy of the latest "TIKI MAGAZINE" around, please take a look at page 43!
Here's my swanky ad for the show. In which, I made a MISTAKE! (Double EEK! Just in case I wasn't nervous enough already...) It says opening night is Friday July 29th. It's not. Opening night is Friday July 6th: the first day the show opens. Pretty much everyone I freaked out about this to said, "Don't worry! We're LA art folks, we are all swanky hipsters and know stuff like openings are always on opening night."

Nick Camera, the big Kahuna and editor of TIKI MAGAZINE also did a really great write up about the show on page 48...

... & page 49. Nick got the opening night correct in the write up.
THANKS NICK! U da' BEST! Looks bee-u-tee-full!

So, my fellow tiki tribe hipsters, forgive the miss-information. My bad. Hope to see you all on Friday July 6th for the opening of...

"TALES FROM THE TIKI LOUNGE! The Lurid Art Of Brad Tiki-shark Parker"!

Big aloha!
Brad tiki-shark Parker

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-04 11:26 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Please check out the new pieces being added, one by one as I finish them for the big art show at La Luz de Jesus Gallery.
I just put up "Zombie Tiki Girl"

Mahalo and Aloha, from a rainy "aloha" friday night here on the Big island. (Wow, it's really coming down out side!) And I live on the dry side, hate to see how soggy Puna (over on da' the wet side of the island) must be by now!

B~

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-08 8:21 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
(Tobunga- this ones for you brother!)

"Tiki VS Godzilla"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on canvas
to appear in the art show" "Tales from the Tiki Lounge"
at "La Luz de Jesus Gallery" -opening night is July 6th.
Well, it's about done. I just saw a few details I forgot. Like the things that stick out of the middle of exotic flowers and little things like that, but other than that I think it's done! (WHEW!)

She turned out as one darned interesting looking tourist... this idea started as a riff on that vintage "Hawaiiana" image that was popular in the 40's, of a girl in a grass skirt on the beach strumming a ukelele.

Here's a better look-see at TIKI VS GODZILLA. The Big G was a lot of fun to paint. Took a few tries befroe I got the right "look" of the version I was painting - the extra long back finned "mean" looking Godzilla from "Godzilla 2000". Then I threw in some of the more fantastic effects of his "melt down" from the movie "Godzilla VS Destroyah"... (theres lots of great visual stuff in that epic everything-blows-up-real-good-ultra-puppet-show)

So just a few touches left. Then It's done and will be posted up on the La Luz De Jesus web site for SALE at the big ART Show on July 6th. If you're in LA, drop in and give it a gander! I hope to see some Tiki Tribe there! (PLEASE!)
(Did I mention the nightmare I keep have about having this art show and no one shows up, and I'm standing in an empty La Luz gallery wearing only my Spiderman under-pants.)

Check out show details here...
ALOHA!
Brad tiki-shark Parker

http://www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-05-08 20:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki shark art 2012-05-09 01:59 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-19 11:10 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Something else has pre-sold before the Tiki-art show!

Here's a friendly reminder about my up-coming "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" art show this July 6th to July 29th, at the Los Angeles "La luz de Jesus Gallery", Opening night is July 6th - hope to see you there!
Well, another piece has pre-sold! While in the care of the Wyland Kona Ocean front Gallery here in Hawaii, "Secret Cove" has been purchased. It will still show at the gallery in LA - but will sport a "RED DOT" marking it as SOLD.

The "Giclee" on canvas "cover" of the "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" version of "Secret Cove" is still up for grabs. However, most of the originals, and several of the giclees are SOLD... so if you have your eye on buying a piece from this show, it might be a good idea not to wait too much longer...

IF you want to see info on the "La Luz de Jesus Gallery" Show give this link a try:
If you want to talk to my "home" gallery here in Kailua-Kona please follow this link:
http://www.wylandbigisland.com/
Big ALOHA!

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-24 9:29 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
ALOHA TIKI TRIBE! (echos off green volcanic cliffs and jungle mountains that look like giant skulls with water falls leaping out of their gaping maws)

Well, the biggest art show I've ever been asked to do is coming up ( ...and boy am I nervous! As grammy tiki-shark used to say I'm as nervous "as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!")

The Show is called "TALES FROM THE TIKI LOUNGE" - and features my newest body of work. All published in a very rare and highly collectable old Pulp Tiki-Adventure magazine back in 1959 ( but- published only in the Mai-Tai Light Zone of my imagination!)

The show is going to be this July (2012) in Los Angles at the world famous birth place of Low-Brow Art: "La Luz de Jesus" Gallery. Here's a link to their web site with some of the work that you will see at da' show:

"Tales From the Tiki Lounge - the Secret Cove Issue"
Giclee on canvas
signed, Limited edition of 1 of 1

Here is a full page as in "Hi Fructose - the counter culture Art Magazine"
Hope you can make it !
Big Aloha
Brad Tiki-shark Parker

RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-25 8:16 pm   Permalink

I'll have to put this one on my calendar. it looks like a "DON'T MISS" kind of event

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-26 6:14 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Here's the latest painting finished for the JULY 6th Art Show in LOS Angele at La Luz de Jesus Gallery...
"Tiki vs Godzilla"
Acrylic on canvas
Details about the show can be found here in this FULL PAGE AD that appears in the current issue of my favorite "counter culture art magazine of all time! The "Low-Brow Art" magazine that boasts the biggest readership world wide.

When I saw this I had an accident in my pants.

Here is a link to the gallery and the show :

If you can make it to the show I will be very happy,please come if you can... and I will try not to have another accident my pants.
Aloha!

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-06 03:06 am   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

"TALES FROM THE TIKI LOUNGE" is almost here! Originals, 1 0f 1 giclees of (new/vintage) cover art, a hand painted surf board out of the Body Glove Surf Board Museum, a 1 0f 1 hand painted BODY GLOVE boogie board. .........even rumors of experimental stuff like skate boards printed with the classic monsters on them... ya gotta please come and check it out to see what the heck I all get done i time for da' show!

1 of 1 giclees of "vintage" TALES OF THE TIKI LOUNGE covers!

Dakaiju Krazy Swag!
Hope 2 C U THeRe!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-06-06 03:09 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-06 12:09 pm   Permalink

Everything is looking great Brad!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-08 3:33 pm   Permalink

A - LO - HA Tiki Tribe!!!!
It's getting closer all da' time!
The BIG ART SHOW at LA LUZ DE JESUS GALLERY!
The date of July 6th is zooming towards us like a framing Hot Rod racing away from an angry Tiki-God!

"FASTER THAN DISASTER!"

"TALES FROM THE TIKI LOUNGE" is almost here! WHAT B N Da' SHOW?... Well.... Originals, 1 0f 1 giclees of (new/vintage) cover art of "Tales From The Tiki Lounge", a hand painted surf board out of the Body Glove Surf Board Museum, a 1 0f 1 hand painted BODY GLOVE boogie board. .........even rumors of experimental stuff like skate boards printed with the classic monsters on them... ya gotta please come and check it out to see what the heck I all get done N time for da' show!
Hope 2 C U There!
BP~

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-06-08 15:43 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-09 5:06 pm   Permalink

A-LO-HA Tiki Tribe!
Submitted for your approval.... deep from the Mai-Tai-Light Zone of Brad "Tiki-shark" Parker's rum soaked mind...

TALES FROM THE TIKI LOUNGE!
Please, I invite you to take a stroll down the dark, neon splashed streets of Hollyweird on Friday night, July 6th, to "La Luz De Jesus Gallery" for the Opening night.... is it an opening to another art show... or another DIMENSION!?!?!
Be there and find out.... if you DARE!

ALOHA!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-06-09 17:07 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-09 9:46 pm   Permalink

Welcome to the MAI-TAI-LIGHT-ZONE...

TALES FROM THE TIKI LOUNGE"!

Take a walk on the wild-waikiki side...
Friday night...July 6th... Hollywood California...La Luz De Jesus Gallery

ALOHA
B Tiki-shark P

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-24 11:34 am   Permalink

A-LO-HA Tiki TRIBE!
"Tales from the Tiki Lounge": (the Lurid Tiki art of Brad tiki-shark Parker)
Art show - July 6th opening night, La Luz de Jesus Gallery

"BONGO CAT"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on canvas
$5,000.00
SOLD

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation