FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The largest home Tiki bar allowed by law.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The largest home Tiki bar allowed by law.
Jungle Jeff

Posted: 2017-04-29 08:34 am   Permalink

mrtikibar, I think geezers make the best partiers!!

Quote:

On 2002-07-08 19:04, mrtikibar wrote:
TikiMaxton,
Aloha! I just registered yesterday. I don't know if I touched all the bases doing the start up thing but what are you going to do?
Thanks for the friendly gesture concerning your bar. Love to see it some time. If I do my chores,and mind my p's and q's, my wife says I can have a tiki party in August.
I will send you a note. That is if you can stomach partying with geezers in their 40's and 50's. I barely can.
I live in southeast Portland near Ladd's addition. One of you P-Town youth's should organize a Portland pub crawl. It would be pretty simple. Back and forth from the Alibi to the Jasmine Tree. Or perhaps you know of other tiki establishments in the metro area? Thanks again for the greeting.
I have noticed FrenchyPolynesia apparently
is a Portland Tiki Centralite. It's happening. Saw TikiFarm items at Home Ec. and Presents of Mind on Hawthorne St. The movement is here.
mrtikibar

View Profile of Jungle Jeff Send a personal message to Jungle Jeff  Email Jungle Jeff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-02 07:24 am   Permalink

Okay....we need some pictures of this gem. I just searched here, and online and on FB and didn't find anything that was still active for viewing. Who's got 'em? Who's gonna show 'em?

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-02 5:41 pm   Permalink

Glad this ancient thread got dug out and dusted off! The whole "what happened to early TC home bars" has been on our mind lately and we've been hoping some people coud dig out some pics for some of the more intriguing-sounding ones.

LoungeShark, we've always been interested in this place, too. Actually this one, along with
Basement Kahuna's Kon Tiki Paradise Room, are among the top of the first-gen tiki revival home bars that we really want to see. Dave hasn't answered his PMs or emails and doesn't appear to be on FB so we have no way of contacting him. Just tried a pm to TikiMaxton. Any active TCers in the Portland area?

[ This Message was edited by: mike and marie 2017-05-02 17:41 ]

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-02 9:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-05-02 17:41, mike and marie wrote:
Any active TCers in the Portland area?

I hope so! Visiting Portland in July and looking for some local guidance to maximize the tiki experience!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravnerRavenweird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-03 6:08 pm   Permalink

Tiki Kon, June 30 to July 2. I'd say pretty darn active in Portland

View Profile of TravnerRavenweird Send a personal message to TravnerRavenweird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bloody Good
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-05-03 8:17 pm   Permalink

I haven't been to all the events at Tiki Kon, but I've been to their Market Place several years in a row, and they always have some cool stuff!!
I'm sure you can see all the main Tiki haunts in Portland on Critiki, but Hale Pele and Alibi are pretty awesome!!

View Profile of Bloody Good Send a personal message to Bloody Good  Goto the website of Bloody Good     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-04 08:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-05-03 20:17, Bloody Good wrote:
I haven't been to all the events at Tiki Kon, but I've been to their Market Place several years in a row, and they always have some cool stuff!!
I'm sure you can see all the main Tiki haunts in Portland on Critiki, but Hale Pele and Alibi are pretty awesome!!

Alas, our trip is coming a little late for Tiki Kon. Had we known about it sooner, we could've adjusted our schedule, but now we're locked in. Hale Pele and Alibi are definitely on our lists. The closest we've ever come to visiting an actual tiki bar was Pilikia in Dallas, and if you read any of the reviews, you'll see how that barely counts.

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-05 5:36 pm   Permalink

Ok, you guys who are getting out to Portland need to hunt down TikiMaxton and post some pics!

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bloody Good
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-05-15 5:30 pm   Permalink

Well, I'm from Portland but I've never met TikiMaxton or many of the Portland Tikiphiles aside from a small handful.

That said I would love to go on the Tiki Kon Sunday home bar tour! I've been to several of the Tiki Kons since 2010 but usually have only attended one event if that and the market place. Anyways I was looking at the Tiki Kon website today(home bar tour already sold out) and noticed they had pics of Castaway Cove from an old bar tour. I thought was funny cause I had just read this thread!

Here's the link...
http://www.tikikon.com/past/2004/Cove.html

-Bloody

View Profile of Bloody Good Send a personal message to Bloody Good  Goto the website of Bloody Good     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeithH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-30 3:18 pm   Permalink

I heard a sad rumor this past weekend that the Cove is changing themes soon.

And do try to do the Tiki Kon Home Bar tour one of these years. Just be aware that the tickets for this sell out in a matter of hours. They only run 3 buses of 50 people each bus. I am excited to say that after nearly a decade of collecting, and a few delays, my home will be on the tour this year.

[ This Message was edited by: KeithH 2017-05-30 15:21 ]

View Profile of KeithH Send a personal message to KeithH      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation