FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carvings from the Marquesas Islands
Carvings from the Marquesas Islands
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-30 7:30 pm   Permalink

I thought the Tiki central might like to see some of the work that is currently being done in the Marquesan Islands.

I just returned this past week from a journey on the Aranui - a wonderful trip. Part of the fun is shopping in the various handicraft centers on several of the islands. When the Aranui arrives - usually once every 3 weeks, the carvers and other vendors bring their wares to sell.

The following link is to an album of my purchases. When possible, I tried to include a photo of the specific carver before the photos of his work.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2957266413339.2157891.1311843186&type=1&l=0a55219f4e

To see other pictures from my Marquesan trip (including over 250 photos of tikis) visit the following thread.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=41890&forum=1&15

I'm hoping my posting of these photos will provide further inspiration for your with your own individual work - and perhaps plant the idea in your head that perhaps some day, you too will want to visit the Marquesas Islands.

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-31 09:29 am   Permalink

What a fantastic trip! Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics. I'm still going through the tiki albums. Feel like i've just been to school!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-05 2:22 pm   Permalink

I lot of inspirational reference material there. It'll take a while for all of that to soak in.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-06 1:44 pm   Permalink

Wow.

Thank you so much for posting this.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-18 3:52 pm   Permalink

Way cool nrev!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-27 3:34 pm   Permalink

Some awesome carvings there.

I like how a lot of it really mixed classic styles in really warped/abstract shapes.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation