Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Kalani Liquor / Wine
Kalani Liquor / Wine
Maui Chimes
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-01 2:35 pm   Permalink

Saw this bottle with the neat tiki lable on anoher post. The picture was in a mens magazine circa 1960's Does anyone know what Kalani was? Was it a liquor or wine?

Any bottles of this in anyones collection? If so, can you post better pictures of the label?

Aloha!

View Profile of Maui Chimes Send a personal message to Maui Chimes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-02 2:29 pm   Permalink

There's a Kalani coconut liqueur. Maybe that's what it is? I think it's from Mexico.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-02 2:53 pm   Permalink

yes - the Kalani coconut liquor that is available today is from Mexico & is excellent. Makes a great mixer with nice flavor. Today it has palm trees on the label.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maui Chimes
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-03 09:09 am   Permalink

you know i was thinking the same thing, but from the picture the color of the liquid seems alot darker then what the modern day Kalani looks like. Maybe its just the black n' white photography that makes it look so dark.

View Profile of Maui Chimes Send a personal message to Maui Chimes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation