[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki kapu kai
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
kapu kai
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-15 3:30 pm   Permalink

I am a little confused here...that is the TC link for the Aku Tiki Room tragedy, no?

I-Zombie, could you please shorten the suspense by simply stating "The damn thing is indeed from the KK because I pried it outta there with my own dirty hands!" or something to that extent.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-15 5:04 pm   Permalink

On second thought, after the re-reading of the opening post...
Quote:

On 2012-01-08 17:30, vintagelaace wrote:
.... I lived behind the Kapu Kai. I read from the posts from the son that some of the tiki's and fountains were stolen. I have been working on the history of ....

...you might as well NOT wanna say anything, because that "stolen" allegation is what already led Mr. Bali Hai to act defensive. But there is no reason for that, really.

This kind of thing happens when outsiders who have no understanding of A.) The history of original Tiki culture, and B.) the history of the Tiki Revival appear and make hasty conclusions. The dialectic relationship of Tiki temple creation to Tiki abandonment and destruction, and then to Tiki salvage can only be adequately understood by active participants of these phases.

I think I sufficiently described my reasons for hesitation over the claim of origin, but I also stated why it was not completely out of the question. I am glad that this piece got saved and is in good hands - wherever it is from.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-16 2:16 pm   Permalink

This whole thread reads like a Paul is Dead conspiracy blog. I, Zombie lays it out pretty clearly, you just gotta read (and remember Occam's razor)

Here's another clue for you all: the Walrus was Paul.

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-16 3:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-15 14:44, TIKIBOSKO wrote:
Don't tell me Zombie, but you fell a few yards short of the trees?

Bosko

What do you mean, twenty feet short?

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2012-01-16 5:43 pm   Permalink

Bronson's been getting a little attention on TC the past few days which is nice.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-16 9:12 pm   Permalink

Kapu Kai Expedition 1994

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation