FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Ethical Buying & Selling on Ebay in Relation to TC
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Ethical Buying & Selling on Ebay in Relation to TC
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 8:57 pm   Permalink

Sooooo...does this mean I have to offer up my two Trader Vic's African woman mugs here before I can eBay them? Or is that only ethical so long as I do not make a profit? Am I allowed to include the shipping if I am merely trying to recoup my cost and break even?

This is all so complicated now. ( ;

Maybe I could just trade them off instead until we get an "Official Rules of Tiki Artifacts Trading Among TC Members" pamphlet printed up. I sure would love to have some of those mugs that are "common" on the west coast without having to bid my life for them.

Sure would go along way toward bringing costs down to real world levels among our "community" as it were.

pele

[ This Message was edited by: pele on 2003-06-12 21:00 ]

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
151 proof
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-13 08:50 am   Permalink

this "ethical" crap makes me sick I'll be the first or second or 3rd to say, if I can make an honest buck on something why not? hell, I wish I had the talent to make some of the bad ass art like some of these Carvers, Painters ,Mug makers here on TC do, and sell them on ebay or whatever .but since I'm not artistic, and will realistically never make any art anybody will pay a red cent for.hell yeah I will re -sell a mug I already have for a profit. and the bigger the profit the better. I love capitalism , Big Guns and even Bigger Tikis I dont really give a rats ass what anyone thinks.god dam it!! I spilled my Yak.

View Profile of 151 proof Send a personal message to 151 proof      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
151 proof
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-13 09:00 am   Permalink

Oh and I hope Shag makes a trillion more dollars ,and his originals escalate to some never before seen amount so that those here who are jealous of his success can slit their veins. (just kidding) I dont want to sound like Im promoting suicide.but seriously people what does it matter?

View Profile of 151 proof Send a personal message to 151 proof      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 09:58 am   Permalink

Interesting...screw ethics, as long as you make an "honest" buck. Please tell me how you do that?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
151 proof
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-13 10:12 am   Permalink

I work for in a shipping warehouse.honest enough? I think so.

SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 4:27 pm   Permalink

Thank you everyone for all of your replys.

I personally will end any further comments on my behalf and those that the post was initially made for.

The thread has brought out like thoughts (both on this thread and private messages and emails to me), as well as feelings of slight anger, frustration, and possibly, for some, a little guilt and/or defensiveness.

As I stated in my first post, this was presented "merely to obtain everyone's opinion."

Upon presenting this thread I personally spoke to both of our TC Special Agents to make them aware of a post I was presenting on behalf of those individuals that wanted to remain anonymous. Both Special Agents concurred with me that it would be one of those posts that would bring out some emotions in some individuals.

Why was I asked to present this thread for the anonymous individuals? Maybe because they thought I was one of the more vocal (on-line) ones. Maybe because they didn't know how to present the post without specifically pointing fingers and didn't want their emotions to take over while writing. Maybe they trusted that I would try to present it in the most middle-of-the-road fashion as possible. Maybe they were afraid of being ousted and/or intimidated like others have in the past that have joined TC. Who know's? One of the many things I like about this forum is that it allows us not only to express what we feel about certain subject matters, but it also gives us a closer look at our fellow TC'ers by their own individual replys.

Lastly, I chose to go no further on my behalf for this thread mainly because if you have ever taken a close look at ANY thread that has gone past "page one", the thread tends to go off on a different tangent many times, and doesn't end up being a reply specifically to the initial post, which is sometimes asked for but not received.

So, once again, thanks for each and every reply.

S u g a r C a d d y D a d d y

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ This Message was edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-06-13 21:04 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 6:26 pm   Permalink

I read the initial post, then decided to answer before reading the reactions in order to give my unsullied opinion.

I think that crude greed is genuinely beginning to ruin Tiki. Make of that what ye will.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-23 3:56 pm   Permalink

Each of us who has felt like the victim in an opportunistic situation needs to do only 2 things to prevent future occurences.

Regardless of what a collectible sells for you must establish a mental marker for what YOU think it is worth. Once that amount is determined.....Don't pay more than that.

Simple

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation