[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Chiki Tiki Diablo Tiki Pole
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Chiki Tiki Diablo Tiki Pole
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 9:55 pm   Permalink

WOW!! I'm not even close to that good. Much cool Chiki!!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 11:42 pm   Permalink

what kind of wood is that and where does one get a log like that.

Monkeyman

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 07:06 am   Permalink

Chiki- beautiful work, as always! Is that palm that has been stained? The wood looks too smooth for palm. Great work. How tall is the guy from thw Witness Protection Agency?

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamzeno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 08:13 am   Permalink

That is one badass Tiki Chiki!

View Profile of bamzeno Send a personal message to bamzeno  Email bamzeno Goto the website of bamzeno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 11:22 am   Permalink

Thanks peeps for the props. A tiki like this sells for an everyday low price of $125 per foot. I carved it out of seasoned palmwood and stained it with some smelly minwax(early american). Then finished it off with Man o' War satin varnish. If you need a log like this, just tip you're local tree trimmer and throw in some Bohemia beers. The owner was 5' something and the tiki is 6'. The tiki is not high detail, but I focused on the basic form , lot's of curves and arcs. I wanted to keep this one.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 1:59 pm   Permalink

Chiki~

Is the owner a member of TC? Ask him to come on over or share some pictures of his other pieces in his collection if he has any.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 10:07 pm   Permalink

Chiki, nice carving, I wish I had your cell phone number the other day. I was walking by the courthouse to go to lunch, and the were removing one of the giant fan palms. It must have been at least 50 ft high and 3'wide at the base. They were just grinding chunks of it up! By the time I finished lunch that beauty was nothing but dust. I was disturbed all day, just thinking about it.

Cheers,

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-17 09:25 am   Permalink

VERY NICE!! Chiki, thanks for sharin the info on the finish. I like my dark browns but dats a nice color to. See you at Tiki Ti tomorrow.

JungleTrader I gave Al my number, he said you were trying to get a hold of me. Call Al up.

shoots

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation