Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Li Po Mai Tai
Li Po Mai Tai
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-28 05:07 am   Permalink

Does anyone have an inkling of what is the Mai Tai at the Li Po Cocktail Lounge in San Francisco?

dcman

View Profile of dcman Send a personal message to dcman  Goto the website of dcman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-31 08:32 am   Permalink

No but this is from the internet:

"The highlight of this concoction is mysterious Chinese liqueur in a brown ceramic bottle with absolutely no English writing on it. With Federal labeling laws being what they are, that means it probably isn't legal (enticing, right?), or it could just be a relic refilled with 151. The Chinese Mai Tai (CMT) spends precisely .37 seconds in the blender: a mere formality, like waving the bottle of vermouth over a bone-dry martini.

Key Ingredients: Whaler's Dark Rum, Castillo Light Rum, Bacardi 151 Rum, Mysterious Chinese Liqueur, Pineapple Juice"

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 12:21 pm   Permalink

It is the "mysterious chinese liqeuer" that has my interest - could be something as wonderful as ginger liqeuer, could be something as awful as snake wine.

dcman

View Profile of dcman Send a personal message to dcman  Goto the website of dcman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 2:16 pm   Permalink

Perhaps it is the delicious Chines Rose Whiskey served by Richard Mah at the Yee Mee Loo and Good Luck bar?
It looked somewhat like this:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 6:20 pm   Permalink

could it be Ng-ka-py, also known as opium in a bottle?

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-02 12:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-01 12:21, dcman wrote:
It is the "mysterious chinese liqeuer" that has my interest - could be something as wonderful as ginger liqeuer, could be something as awful as snake wine.

dcman

I have it on good authority you shouldn't knock the snake wine until you try it. Just don't make any plans for the next day or the day after.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-02 09:56 am   Permalink

dcman
[/quote]

I have it on good authority you shouldn't knock the snake wine until you try it. Just don't make any plans for the next day or the day after.
[/quote]

Maybe that's what I was drinking when I suddenly lost all memory of, say 1990..........

dcman

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation