FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Heads up on some Tiki history - Zombie Cologne from 'Club Zombie' at Hawley House Hotel Cleveland
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Heads up on some Tiki history - Zombie Cologne from 'Club Zombie' at Hawley House Hotel Cleveland
porco
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-14 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-30 15:00, bigbrotiki wrote:
This place and the perfume must be from AFTER Donn Beach invented the Zombie, in 1934 or later.
Never had heard about it before. I love that such things still surface.

club zombie opened on december 17th, 1940, the bamboo room opened in 1945, both in cleveland.

[ This Message was edited by: porco 2013-03-14 15:27 ]

View Profile of porco Send a personal message to porco  Goto the website of porco     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
porco
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-15 08:35 am   Permalink

here is a newspaper ad from november 17th, 1946. i've recently come across a way to search our local paper archives, and have come up with some great stuff. i've got about a dozen plus clips so far, and haven't even gotten to the kon tiki. problem is they're pdf's of the whole page, and i need to snapshot the clips, convert to jpg, then upload. i plan on doing a separate post on the details, but this could be a great way to look up some history in your local area if there is a similar, searchable archive in your town.

View Profile of porco Send a personal message to porco  Goto the website of porco     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation