FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Meet & Greet @ Ho Kong - Woonsocket,RI February 11, 2012 4:00 PM
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Meet & Greet @ Ho Kong - Woonsocket,RI February 11, 2012 4:00 PM
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 11:21 am   Permalink

Hello Fellow New England Tikiphiles!

The Queequeg Chapter of the Fraternal Order of Moai would like to invite you to join us as we meet at
Ho Kong in Woonsocket, RI to share cocktails, food, and conversation on Saturday February 11, 2012.
(you can bet we'll be talking a lot about Ohana, Luau at the Lake coming up in June since the anticipation and excitement is growing!)

So come on out!
Ho Kong
366 Cumberland Hill Rd
Woonsocket, RI 02895-4716

Here's the Critiki link:
http://critiki.com/location/?loc_id=451

Here's the Tiki Central "Locating Tiki" thread: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=8217&forum=2&hilite=Ho%20Kong

Looks like the Tiki Central thread could use some pictures, so let's get on that!

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2012-02-01 11:22 ]

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 7:57 pm   Permalink

See you there!

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-02 9:34 pm   Permalink

You guys are killing me! I've got tickets to see Jane Monheit in Norfolk, CT that night.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-03 3:53 pm   Permalink

Darn you and your frequent concert going escapades!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-10 1:26 pm   Permalink

Carl, are you driving all the way from Nashua to Woonsocket? Please post a review of this joint. It's only about a half hour from my house.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-10 1:35 pm   Permalink

Even with the impending snow, I believe I will be driving there yes. It's only about 2 hours from me I think. I'm sure we'll have reviews, photos, drink suggestions etc. following our visit!

rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-10 6:21 pm   Permalink

We'll take the three hour tour to get there, a little snow doesn't matter.

See ya!

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-10 6:34 pm   Permalink

Damn, in nyc this weekend ! have fun everyone!

mr. ho

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-11 05:46 am   Permalink

It's hardly snowing here! Looking forward to meeting and greeting you all.

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-11 06:02 am   Permalink

Oh yeah, we're on!

I just realized that Woonsocket is only an hour and 20 minutes from me! A hop skip and a jump!

Hope to see a bunch of you at Ho Kong Today!

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-11 06:23 am   Permalink

Have fun, guys!

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-11 06:50 am   Permalink

Have fun at your concert, and Mr. Ho have fun in NYC. We'll get you both to one of these things one of these days. And I'm going to get out to see Mr. Ho play again one of these days too!

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 07:41 am   Permalink

Thanks to all who came out! That was fun!

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2012-02-13 07:46 ]

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 3:08 pm   Permalink

How was the food? What's the cat thingy?

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2012-02-13 15:17 ]

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 3:20 pm   Permalink

Food was good!

Of course I can only stand by what I had, which was Boneless Spare Ribs, Scallion Pancakes, Peking Ravioli, and my wife enjoyed her Kung Pow Chicken.

As for drinks, I think the most popular seemed to be the Ho Kong Special, which was definitely citrusy, but with a good portion of rum, and served in the Wahine mug (as shown above).

I liked the Mai Tai, but it was not entirely like a Mai Tai, being pretty dark red (not uncommon around these parts of course) but the source of the redness may have come from a Cherry Schnapps or something like that. Not a bad flavor at all, but again, not your traditional Mai Tai.

Hopefully some more folks who were there will share their food and drink opinions.

Honestly, the conversation was so fun I didn't eat as much as I usually would!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation