FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Meet & Greet @ Ho Kong - Woonsocket,RI February 11, 2012 4:00 PM
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New England Tikiphile Meet & Greet @ Ho Kong - Woonsocket,RI February 11, 2012 4:00 PM
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 3:24 pm   Permalink

Oh the cat mug!! LOL

That was from the FOM sponsored Chicago Area Tiki Tour. It's not a regular mug at Ho Kong!!!

It was there being given to Beth who must have ordered it back then. Beth had me photograph it. It just dawned on me she escaped my camera herself!

Anyone else take any pictures?

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-14 06:50 am   Permalink

I thought the food was good too! The Peking Ravioli, in particular, I really liked.

The drinks were pretty strong, actually. I really enjoyed the Scorpion Bowl and the Suffering Bastard. I didn't care as much for another one I had... the Maui Maui Sour, I think it was called. It had more of an anise flavor than I was expecting.

GREAT time!

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-14 08:23 am   Permalink

Sorry I couldn't stay long enough to see everyone but at least there is photographic evidence that I was indeed there.

I concur with the general consensus. Pretty good food (great crispy wings!), STRONG drinks, and a pretty fun little place.

This is also the place where I bought the "Scorpian Bowel" mug/bowl a few years back... just because of the way it was labeled. Still cracks me up, but then again, I have the mentality of a 12 year old.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-14 09:47 am   Permalink

Quote:
This is also the place where I bought the "Scorpian Bowel" mug/bowl a few years back... just because of the way it was labeled. Still cracks me up, but then again, I have the mentality of a 12 year old.

Yea, so did we. And we go to great pains to keep that label on the bottom of the bowl intact when washing it.

Need to get back to Ho Kong more often.

-Rev

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-14 11:20 am   Permalink

Hey Rick! Sorry we missed you. The food & drink are very good, but I'm not too big on their Mai Tai (not so far removed as it is from Bob's Famous at Kahula, albeit with half the rum.)

Great seeing everyone!

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-14 2:29 pm   Permalink

Bob's gone, Page! Not to fret, though, the new guy, "Larry", makes apretty mean Mai Tai, too.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-15 1:29 pm   Permalink

So I've heard! Perhaps we should have Larry pour us all a round in Bob's honor. Preferably soon!

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-15 6:57 pm   Permalink

You won't have to twist my arm!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation