FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events JOHN-O's Tiki Bus Trip to the Hong Kong Inn (+ Rincon Room) - 3/24/12, Pictures start on pg 6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
JOHN-O's Tiki Bus Trip to the Hong Kong Inn (+ Rincon Room) - 3/24/12, Pictures start on pg 6
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-22 9:04 pm   Permalink

Ron,
please say those lovely ladies will be at yer place that night.

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2012-02-22 21:05 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-22 10:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-21 16:50, bigbrotiki wrote:
The Mai Kai is not as much about a "foodie" experience as it is about soaking in the atmosphere....

Getting plastered on some yummy rum concoctions helps, of course. But leave any "home-made Falernum" attitude at your home bar . The tradition of this Polynesian pop haven is singular and unassailable.

OK, I want everyone to contemplate the Bigbro's Tiki words of wisdom above. Just replace the word "Mai Kai" with "Hong Kong Inn". And keep in mind Uncle Jimmy and Uncle Tommy are reading this thread. They've been keeping it real for almost half a century just for you. Don't piss them off !!!

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2012-02-28 19:12 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 5:01 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2012-02-29 18:11 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-23 5:20 pm   Permalink

What time do you anticipate taking off and returning?

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 7:21 pm   Permalink

Leave Tonga Hut at 7pm and then be back for last call.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 10:28 pm   Permalink

that seems kinda late for leave time.
what time does dinner show start?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 07:41 am   Permalink

Bongo,

Um, does Mickee know about that photo!? Me and Mrs. Dustycajun will be down for a pre-dinner stop at the Rincon Room if it's open.

The bus got bigger! At this rate, where gonna need a bigger Hong Kong Inn!

Jeff (btd), the show starts at 9:00. Google maps shows the travel time from the Tonga Hut to the Hong Kong Inn at 56.7 miles, 1 hour 5 minutes via US-101. Gives you and hour to drink, eat and be Mary.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 8:35 pm   Permalink

What if I don't want to be Mary?
why can't she just be herself?

Jeff(btd)

AMIGA_TIKI

Posted: 2012-02-26 12:46 pm   Permalink

I will probably be driving up with Rockahulahoney. Thanks for organizing this great event John-O

View Profile of AMIGA_TIKI Send a personal message to AMIGA_TIKI  Email AMIGA_TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AMIGA_TIKI

Posted: 2012-02-26 12:46 pm   Permalink

I will probably be driving up with Rockahulahoney. Thanks for organizing this great event John-O

View Profile of AMIGA_TIKI Send a personal message to AMIGA_TIKI  Email AMIGA_TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-27 10:39 am   Permalink

I'm going to be so bummed I have to miss this, as will the other Ding Dong Devils. We have a recording date set up for that weekend that's the only weekend available for months around it in Dave Klein's schedule (he's on the road with Agent Orange a lot these days). Sounds like everyone should have a blast, and I know (from previous experience) that John-O leaves no t's uncrossed or i's undotted in his planning of an event to maximize everyone's simultaneous blend of great times and historical enlightenment!

Caltiki

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-29 07:59 am   Permalink

March is right around the corner.....WooHoo!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-29 12:06 pm   Permalink

Add me to the list. As I live in Ventikitura County, I'm closer to the HKI than the Tonga Hut so I'll drive myself.

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
20th Century Man
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-29 12:24 pm   Permalink

Hi John,
Sounds like a lot of fun. If you still have room for two more, could you put us on the list?
We're in Thousand Oaks, and we'll be driving up!

Glenn and Carol

View Profile of 20th Century Man Send a personal message to 20th Century Man  Email 20th Century Man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-29 5:50 pm   Permalink

BTD.....don't know which of the ladies will show up but this one will be behind the bar for sure (dressed for the Hong Kong Inn last year)...

Congawa......we think we have a solution. Bring the band and record "Live From The Rincon Room" otherwise we will miss you. At this point we wanted to keep the crowd around 50 so we need to cut off the people driving up and let John-O finish filling the bus. Everyone that has already posted is in. We also have a few friends coming. To make a proper Drifter's Reef it will cost us about $4.50 per cocktail (this is why most people don't do open home parties anymore.....even with guest bartenders. 100-150 guests and a couple of cocktails each in a shift will cost you a grand plus food). No cost to you but we may put out a tip jar for those able to help out.

Hong Kong Inn lamp.....wait till you see their mural....

The best cocktail....usually they run out of pineapples early so hopefully they will stock up.

John-O is correct on the food and drink. This is 1960s Chinese food and drink. I have been going there over 25 years and nothing has changed. Screw Yelp! Where else on the west coast can you see a free (except a small 20% surcharge on drinks during show) Polynesian floor show every Friday & Saturday night? An experience not to be missed!

For those driving we will open the bar at 5:00. Send me a PM for directions if you are not following the bus after the Hong Kong Inn.

Kia Orana!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation