FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events M-modern and Sven Kirsten present: THE CONTEMPORARY IDOL - Palm Springs, Feb.17th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
M-modern and Sven Kirsten present: THE CONTEMPORARY IDOL - Palm Springs, Feb.17th
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-17 2:22 pm   Permalink

Have a great show, All of you!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-17 6:10 pm   Permalink

LIVE FEED please, so those of us who cant be there can sort of be there. Atleast post pics asap.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-18 12:21 pm   Permalink

what! no pics yet, everyone must be super hung over come on this is killing me!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-18 12:30 pm   Permalink

Killing me too Dawn.
Nothing here... nothing on FB!
Let's see some pictures!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-18 1:23 pm   Permalink

I wish I could have made the trek out to see this show. I too am patiently waiting for pics to be posted so that I can vicariously enjoy the show.

Quote:

On 2012-02-17 09:21, MadDogMike wrote:

I'm planning an early Saturday morning hike up to Tahquitz Falls if anyone who is not hung over wants to join me

I know what you're doing...

You're looking for Shangri La and hoping that a young Jane Wyatt will be swimming nude in the pool at the falls.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-18 1:57 pm   Permalink

Well, I went last night but I didn't take any pics for you guys, sorry. The event was very well attended, pretty much filled to capacity - hope that translated to some sales for the artists. Lake Surfer and Dawn, your pieces looked very impressive there. Dawn, I noticed a little figure near the signature on the "Mystic Order of Mu" and I didn't notice on your paintings before - what is the significance?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-18 2:39 pm   Permalink

Is everyone noshing at "Sherman's Deli" maybe some Hair of the Dog?

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-18 4:21 pm   Permalink

alright I'm home from work you've had all day to post some pics, stop torturing us!!!!

Mike the little figure you noticed was part of my signature. When I actually remember to sign my pieces I like to use my own hieroglyphs that say "tiki Dawn"

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-18 4:25 pm   Permalink

This was really an inspiring show !! To see such a wide diversity of Tiki art across different mediums and styles in ONE place was amazing. It really illustrated net new Tiki Revival creativity, which stayed true to the original spirit of mid-century Tiki-style and its modernist influences.

My apologies to the virtual Ohana but I get the feeling those of us in attendance may have dropped the ball with the photography. It was just so crowded with so much socializing (lots of TC in the house) and art admiration that I didn't think to take pictures, especially with Tonga Tom in the house. He was however unfortunately sans camera. I think Soccertiki and WooHoo might have gotten some snaps.

I did see the Bigbro stealthily taking pictures. I'm sure his professional skills will do the best justice to all of the great art.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-18 5:54 pm   Permalink

What a great show. Seeing the variety in style and medium of the amazing art all in one place was amazing. The Martini Kings were a perfect band for the event. Also fun to see all of the TC characters mixed in with the "Palms Springs" crowd.

Follow the sky lights to the palm trees at the M Modern.

There was a great photo shot with Sven and all of the featured artists who were there. Unfortunately I did not get much of a picture of the scene amongst all of the paparazzi.

The gallery hired a professional photographer who was shooting all night. Hopefully those photos will show up on the web at some point.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-18 7:19 pm   Permalink

Who are the artists standing between Eric October and Bosko ??

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zond2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-19 08:23 am   Permalink

I got a few snaps and a piece or 2 of video and as soon as I get back to Casa Grande I'll process them and post'em
Got a new, shrink wrapped copy of "TIKI MODERN" and had Sven sign it!
Wish I had an xtra $950 (or my wife wasn't standing nest to me at the time) for Bosko had a hellacool crashed ufo piece up that even had some "The Satan Bug" vibe going even though it was in color.

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-19 08:33 am   Permalink

Where are all the women? Boys night out? I would have loved to have been there with so many of my favorite men. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-19 09:09 am   Permalink

John-O, I can't help you with the spectacled artists, but Kirby looks like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar

(In Kirby's defense, this picture was taken while they were setting up for a large group shot and he wasn't ready for a picture. Still, if I were writing the "Tiki Enquirer" I could SO write a tabloid headline based on that photo! )

Bear, I didn't find Shangri La, but the falls were beautiful

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-19 09:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-18 19:19, JOHN-O wrote:
Who are the artists standing between Eric October and Bosko ??

Michael Uhlencott and Chris Reccardi.

DC

(corrected per BigBro)

[ This Message was edited by: Dustycajun 2012-02-19 09:35 ]

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation