FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Home Tiki Bars ╗ ╗ HeadHunter Hideaway.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
HeadHunter Hideaway.
BuddyHoliday
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-06 7:45 pm   Permalink

This is our home tiki bar in las vegas nv.
we are renting our house so we arent able to do everything we want to it

My fiance' made this light out of swizzle sticks from Frankies tiki room. We live real close to there.

View Profile of BuddyHoliday Send a personal message to BuddyHoliday  Goto the website of BuddyHoliday     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-06 8:01 pm   Permalink

Pretty extensive remodel for a rental (no white ceilings or walls) and great use of those swizzle sticks. Looks like you've got a fine place to relax and unwind.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-06 8:09 pm   Permalink

Awesome job. Love the light made from the swizzles. Very creative job on everything.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-06 8:11 pm   Permalink

Nice!!! Very cool room and collection of tiki swag. Like all your your ambient lighting as well. Nice job!!!! I dig it

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-06 9:31 pm   Permalink

too bad the name of your bar isn't original.... did you think of it yourself or just steal it from my earlier posts about my home bar??? kinda shitty on your part.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-06 9:40 pm   Permalink

Damn Trader Brittle Britches. Easy on the guy, it is just a home bar. I made a sign for a home bar by the same name YEARS ago .

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Space Aged Hula Grave

Posted: 2012-02-06 10:57 pm   Permalink

Love it! Could easily sit there all day and sip on cocktails..
Great job on the Headhunter Hideaway!!

View Profile of Space Aged Hula Grave Send a personal message to Space Aged Hula Grave      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-07 04:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-06 21:40, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Damn Trader Brittle Britches. Easy on the guy, it is just a home bar. I made a sign for a home bar by the same name YEARS ago .

I'm sure there are others out there, that's not the point. There is a thread on here where folks post the names of their tiki bars and it's loaded with all kinds of creative names and signs and such, no two really alike. A quick search of T.C. would have revealed any conflict of interested. It's kind of an unwritten rule that you don't hijack someone else's name. In this instance, common courtesy was overlooked, that's all. I just find it irritating, especially from a newbie.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-07 05:23 am   Permalink

Fantastic bar. You've put a lot of work in there.
(P.S. I don't think the name Headhunter Hideaway is exclusive).

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2012-02-07 05:34 ]

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-07 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-07 05:23, Kon-Hemsby wrote:

thanks brainiac !! that wasn't the point... I think i may change the name of my bar to whatever yours is called and start a new thread here on tiki central...

I know if the tables were turned and I took someone elses bar name, or such thing, half of tiki central would be coming after me with torches and pitchforks....

maybe I will write a tiki book and call it "the ultimate book of tiki" or "tiki modern extraordinaire " .... Har !!

Bula!

Posted: 2012-02-07 4:49 pm   Permalink

Hey, just strolling the pages to get some inspiration
for my own home Tiki Bar.
Well done on your bar! AND in a rental!
Even if the name isn't as creative as some
would like, Id still rather sink a few cocktails
in your bar than at someone else's on here..
at least you'd probably make me feel
welcome..and the conversation would probably
be based on what Tiki is all about.. having fun,
not complaining! Great stuff man!
Oh ya, your fiancÚ did a great job with the swizzle
sticks.

[ This Message was edited by: Bula! 2012-02-07 16:53 ]

View Profile of Bula! Send a personal message to Bula!      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BuddyHoliday
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-07 8:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-06 21:31, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
too bad the name of your bar isn't original.... did you think of it yourself or just steal it from my earlier posts about my home bar??? kinda shitty on your part.....

Dear "Tipsy McSwagger", Firstly, My sincerest apologies. I have to admit that I didn't do my research before I let my 14 year old nephew name my bar (he named it all on his own, and he felt like a big boy for doing so). That being said. Your name is truly original. You both in fact must be so well studied in the rich history of tiki culture that you both had thought of the same name! In his defense, however, he is only 14...I'm sure that your bar is a gem to see. May you, perhaps, post a link to your bar and its affiliated pictures. I would be extremely interested to see. Perhaps, you and he (my 14 year old nephew) have come up with other similar coincidences. Actually, now that were on that point. Isn't it weird coincidences exist? Such a wild notion, that more than 1 person can come up with a similar or exact same whatever it is. Such a wild notion. Am I right? Anyway, my dearest apologies "Tipsy McCrybaby" I'm sure we both have real problems to deal with, than to point fingers on a messageboard...or maybe we don't. I have all of the time in the world, if you care to discuss further. Come over for a virgin pina colada. I bought the ingrediants and renamed it after your screenname. Anyway, come over sometime, I'm looking forward to it...

*dictated not read

View Profile of BuddyHoliday Send a personal message to BuddyHoliday  Goto the website of BuddyHoliday     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-07 11:17 pm   Permalink

I can believe you got this past your Landlord?

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-08 03:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-07 10:37, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-07 05:23, Kon-Hemsby wrote:

thanks brainiac !! that wasn't the point... I think i may change the name of my bar to whatever yours is called and start a new thread here on tiki central...

I know if the tables were turned and I took someone elses bar name, or such thing, half of tiki central would be coming after me with torches and pitchforks....

maybe I will write a tiki book and call it "the ultimate book of tiki" or "tiki modern extraordinaire " .... Har !!

I was merely trying to say that I didn't think The Headhunter Hideaway was a particularly unusual or exclusive name/idea. And really, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery?
I certainly wasn't trying to insult anyone. Apologies if it was taken that way.

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2012-02-08 05:39 ]

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-08 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-07 20:40, BuddyHoliday wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-06 21:31, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

Dear "Tipsy McSwagger", Firstly, My sincerest apologies. I have to admit that I didn't do my research before I let my 14 year old nephew name my bar (he named it all on his own, and he felt like a big boy for doing so). That being said. Your name is truly original. You both in fact must be so well studied in the rich history of tiki culture that you both had thought of the same name! In his defense, however, he is only 14...I'm sure that your bar is a gem to see. May you, perhaps, post a link to your bar and its affiliated pictures. I would be extremely interested to see. Perhaps, you and he (my 14 year old nephew) have come up with other similar coincidences. Actually, now that were on that point. Isn't it weird coincidences exist? Such a wild notion, that more than 1 person can come up with a similar or exact same whatever it is. Such a wild notion. Am I right? Anyway, my dearest apologies "Tipsy McCrybaby" I'm sure we both have real problems to deal with, than to point fingers on a messageboard...or maybe we don't. I have all of the time in the world, if you care to discuss further. Come over for a virgin pina colada. I bought the ingrediants and renamed it after your screenname. Anyway, come over sometime, I'm looking forward to it...

*dictated not read

see? now that's a pretty clever response.... you took more time to come up with that than the name of your bar....maybe you should have named your bar and not your nephew.....

I expected just as much from a newbie..... carry on.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation