Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Wayfarer Lounge
Wayfarer Lounge
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-10 04:59 am   Permalink

This is my little home bar. I'm renting on Guam, so the walls are all solid concrete and I'm leaving the island soon so I can't exactly put up the bamboo and rattan wall coverings I'd have wanted. (Didn't seem worth the time for the time I'd be on island.) What I can say about this bar is that everything in it has a story, mostly personal ones, some purely historical (like the Clipper pictures). I'm in the Navy and am currently attached to a submarine tender so the past few years I've made port calls in the Philippines (plus personal trips), Borneo and Hong Kong, once lived on the epitome of the tropical island- Diego Garcia (the only place I can call home), and have had the good fortune to see Japan, Singapore and Hawaii as well while on other deployments or on vacation. Pretty much everything is either an artifact or a souvenir from these trips. Except for the stuff my grandfather gave me, like his cousin's Tahitian tikis. I'll put up some more close up shots later.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-10 06:48 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC Wayfarer.

Nice beginings. Nice Coin collection too.

I lived in Dededo for 4 yrs. Beautiful island.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
simplydlacruz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-10 09:00 am   Permalink

I visited a friend on Guam once. I thought it was a very cool place. Kind of dead sometimes but I'm from Hawaii and it's kind of the same there. I like what you've done with the place.

View Profile of simplydlacruz Send a personal message to simplydlacruz  Goto the website of simplydlacruz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-11 05:40 am   Permalink

Thanks guys. For now I'm mostly collecting bric-a-brac and antiques and stories of course, but I hope to someday settle somewhere I can make a lounge like Mr.Pupupant's with all this stuff. Or start an actual tiki bar with it.

Guam's been nice, I haven't explored it as fully as I should have but its great living on this island.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-11 1:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting Wayfarer! I'm really digging the Clipper pics and the actual bar looks very nice as well. CHEERS!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-11 6:31 pm   Permalink

Very nice collection...I have a blowgun too...so always fun to see how other folks have them displayed. Keep up the great work...snag a Tiki.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-05 7:36 pm   Permalink

Nice!!! do I see some US Military challenge coins by chance?! I thought I saw a 5th Group USSF one. too cool, love to see some more pix

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-05 9:34 pm   Permalink

Wayfarer
Thanks for serving! I’d bet my Kabar that you’ll have a fantastic lounge when youre done wayfaring and settle into your own place. Nice, nice souvenirs - you’re in for some sweet memories.
Good luck on the rest of your tour.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-06 10:43 am   Permalink

Very cool- and even more so with the personal connection to the pieces displayed!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-06 9:12 pm   Permalink

Cool collection, Thank you for your service, where would we be without it, don't want to know.

View Profile of dtel Send a personal message to dtel  Email dtel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation