FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food where can I buy St James Royal Amber Rum
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
where can I buy St James Royal Amber Rum
old band alum
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-11 08:45 am   Permalink

I am having a hard time finding St James Royal Amber Rum. My local liquor store does not carry it. I have found some on the net from NY, CA, and FL but I do not think I can have liquor shipped by mail or UPS to Arkansas. Any suggestions.

View Profile of old band alum Send a personal message to old band alum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kid_dynamo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-11 08:49 am   Permalink

The post office won't ship alcohol, but FedEx will.

When the nearby TotalWine doesn't have what I want, I order from:
http://www.hitimewine.net

I have no idea if they will be able to ship to AK though.

EDIT: I guess I didn't read your post thoroughly enough. I would suggest trying to get it shipped. It's not like 'AK customs' will intercept your package.

[ This Message was edited by: kid_dynamo 2012-02-11 08:50 ]

View Profile of kid_dynamo Send a personal message to kid_dynamo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
old band alum
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-11 08:54 am   Permalink

I did not know that Fed Ex would ship booze. thanks

View Profile of old band alum Send a personal message to old band alum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kid_dynamo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-11 4:00 pm   Permalink

Well that's how Hi Times ships it at least. I know they don't normally accept alcohol from an individual, but I'm assuming that there is a special exemption for retailers shipping by ground.

View Profile of kid_dynamo Send a personal message to kid_dynamo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-11 6:00 pm   Permalink

The Party Source has it, and lot's of other rums too:

http://www.thepartysource.com/express/results.php?t=class&s=RUM

Ship UPS or FedEx, they ship alcohol.

[ This Message was edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2012-02-11 18:00 ]

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
old band alum
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-15 07:03 am   Permalink

I recently found out that liquor stores in Arkansas can not buy or sell St James or Lemon Hart. Apparently there is a book that states what brands of liquor can be sold in Arkansas. Maybe every state has one also.However I there is a liquor store in Missouri right across the border. Can I order those rare brands and have it shipped there. Has anybody ever had liquor such as St James or Lemon Hart shipped to another liquor store. Let me know your thoughts?

CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-15 7:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-15 07:03, old band alum wrote:
I recently found out that liquor stores in Arkansas can not buy or sell St James or Lemon Hart. Apparently there is a book that states what brands of liquor can be sold in Arkansas. Maybe every state has one also.However I there is a liquor store in Missouri right across the border. Can I order those rare brands and have it shipped there. Has anybody ever had liquor such as St James or Lemon Hart shipped to another liquor store. Let me know your thoughts?

You will not be able to ship alcoholic beverages to a retail store. Stores that sell alcohol must purchase though the legal distribution system in their state, ie, from a licensed distributor. Keep shopping for a store online that will ship to AR and have it shipped to your house, nobody will be the wiser. It's ilegal to ship alcohol into Ohio, but that's never stopped myself or tens of thousands of Ohioans from doing so. Also, it's not that LH or ElDo can't be sold in Arkansas, it's just that the importers for those brands have not yet not reached a distributed agreement with a distributor in that state yet. It's the same situation in many other states.

[ This Message was edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2012-02-15 19:58 ]

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-15 8:34 pm   Permalink

and here all this time i thought Cincinnati was in Kentucky...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-16 12:37 am   Permalink

I live in Cincinnati, less than 10 minutes from the Northern Kentucky border. Ohio is a Control State, meaning that the State is the both the liquor distributor and retailer for anything that's over 24% abv. In plain simple English that means that Ohio has a shitty selection of spirits and sky high prices, which is why almost everyone in the greater Cincinnati area heads to Kentucky to shop for spirits. I mail order what I can't get in Northern Kentucky.

Cheers,

Craig

thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 1:56 pm   Permalink

St James is apparently no longer carried in ABC or in Total Wine, at least not on the FLA west coast.

I seem to recall others referencing recent difficulties finding it as well. Anybody know the scoop??

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 4:29 pm   Permalink

Oh, no, I wonder if this is joining Lemon Hart, as a "crisis rum" (or, "rhum")?
I checked the Texas chain (Spec's) that usually has plenty of St. James rums at a good price. Instead of the usual "Available", they're showing either "Limited Availability" or "Call Store", and that's for the only 6 or 7 locations in the state that still have any at all. The pricier Hors D'Age is showing at more stores, maybe a dozen.
Just checked, and I have 4 full and one partial bottle of Royal Ambre.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 9 days ago; 5:15 pm   Permalink

Sadly, Total Wine no longer carries any St. James. They used to have the Extra Old on the shelf and would order Hors D'Age for me when asked. Now, they don't even carry Clement VSOP or any other rums from Martinique. They do well with El Dorado Demerara; the five, twelve and fifteen year old. I get them to order the 8 year old for me as I prefer that for mixing. Same with Coruba, I get them to order the 1.75 jugs for me and I use them to refill the bottles in my bar (easier for mixing).

We suffer . . . how we Tiki-Drinkers suffer!

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 8 days ago; 6:01 pm   Permalink

The issues with St. James have been discussed previously here. I remember reading that export to the US has been halted, and that it had something to do with low volume of sales here. If memory serves correctly, the product has not been discontinued but will continue to be bottled in France.

Check this thread, although there may be more here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=33463&forum=10&start=0&hilite=St. James discontinued

St. James is wonderful in Mai Tais. I still have two bottles left, of two different varieties/ages, but for personal use only.

The Rhum Clement VSOP report is news to me - that was our replacement Martinique rum. I'll have to cruise by Total Wine this week and check that out. I will also check with other specialty sellers to see if they have it in stock, and if not, if they can get it.

These are troubling times for rum cocktail aficionados.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 8 days ago; 6:05 pm   Permalink

I just found that various Rhum Clement products show up in a web search on the Total Wine web site for my local store. So maybe Rhum Clement is not having a problem here in Jacksonville, Florida?

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 8 days ago; 6:51 pm   Permalink

I just found Royal Ambre and Imperial Blanc at the store at the airport in St Thomas, not that it helps anyone who isn't traveling to the Caribbean. It is actually really difficult to find any Martinique rums (or any good rums) in the Caribbean, the best selection was at the airport on the way out.

I also heard from Keg n Bottle in Hollywood that they are not shipping anymore St James. This is quite sad. I really like this rum and I hope this will not last.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation