[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki The Exotic Girl Thread
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The Exotic Girl Thread
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-16 10:22 pm   Permalink

Go knock yourself out, kids:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-17 04:25 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: komohana 2012-02-17 04:31 ]

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-19 12:13 pm   Permalink

Cool, a thread where we can go safely off-roading and not worry if our content is "Tiki" enough. Thanks Bigbro !!

Back in the 1930's through early 1960's, the Middle East actually had romantic appeal, an exotic land portrayed in such fables like Aladdin, Ali Baba, and Arabian Nights. Those stories were eventually turned into movies.

One of my favorites exotic girls in that genre was Maria Montez who played various Middle Eastern characters.

And how about this particular genre of album cover art?

To me it's a kissing cousin to the Exotica and Hawaiian music album covers that we see so much on TC. Actually this stuff lasted well into the 1970's but here I've included only content that is strictly mid-century.

Well if we ever decide to start a pop cultural revival around Middle Eastern "Exotica", we can have our first event at this place in Costa Mesa...

We can call it "Oasis Oasis" and everyone can wear their fezzes in the appropriate cultural context.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-19 1:30 pm   Permalink

Hope you don't stay at the Alibaba Motel, John-O, Its a real dive, unless you like the far side of seedy.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-19 4:03 pm   Permalink

Book it and they will come.
I know the perfect surf band that will play middle eastern sounding tunes.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-19 4:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-19 13:30, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
...unless you like the far side of seedy.

That's funny, John was just talking about that the other night! I've seen the AliBaba, right where the freeway ends.

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2012-02-19 16:41 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-19 5:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-19 16:40, MadDogMike wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-19 13:30, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
...unless you like the far side of seedy.

That's funny, John was just talking about that the other night! I've seen the AliBaba, right where the freeway ends.

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2012-02-19 16:41 ]

I hear the Bedbugs refuse to stay there.....There is this rundown apartment right next door that is known for
it's many Meth "Enthusiast's"

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
simplydlacruz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-19 6:32 pm   Permalink

I love the alibaba, I drive past it almost everyday on my way to work. Count me in for the revival lol.

Hawaiian Decals & Stickers
Hawaiian Jokes

View Profile of simplydlacruz Send a personal message to simplydlacruz  Goto the website of simplydlacruz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-19 7:18 pm   Permalink

Er, what's the difference between this and the Exotica Girl thread??

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-19 7:42 pm   Permalink

Ask Sven......

thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-19 8:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I think one thread is supposed to be less pretentious than the other, but i'm not sure...

what i can tell, is that one thread is way behind the other in the number of pix of nekkid babes posted...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-19 9:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-19 19:18, TheBigT wrote:

i'll have a stab in the dark at that...

the exotica girl thread was intended for girls that might embody or personify
the notion or ideal of "exotica" and as such should also have a connection to "Tiki",
this thread was probably thrown up out of frustration at the girls that were being posted
that did not even come close to those ideals.

i posted because i thought this thread might have found its way south fairly promptly.

thinking about it though, this could be a good spot for those girls that don't really fit
other threads, although it would be good if they also had some Tiki connection and probably
vintage or at least pre 1970.

here are a couple pics that don't really fit elsewhere, the girls could probably be thought
of as exotic and maybe of some interest they both seem to be shot in the same studio...

...and there are Tiki connections...

edited to attach a better version of one of the pictures.

[ This Message was edited by: komohana 2012-02-19 22:03 ]

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-20 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-19 20:02, thePorpoise wrote:
Quote:

I think one thread is supposed to be less pretentious than the other, but i'm not sure...
what i can tell, is that one thread is way behind the other in the number of pix of nekkid babes posted...

Good point. I think I favor the original thread.

Quote:

On 2012-02-19 21:39, komohana wrote:

i'll have a stab in the dark at that...

the exotica girl thread was intended for girls that might embody or personify
the notion or ideal of "exotica" and as such should also have a connection to "Tiki",
this thread was probably thrown up out of frustration at the girls that were being posted
that did not even come close to those ideals.

No, not as originally defined:

Quote:

On 2009-05-28 11:09, bigbrotiki wrote:
Spurred by the Black Velvet thread, I thought it would be a good thing to pay homage to the Exotica girl, a concept spawned but not limited to Martin Denny's record covers. The Exotica girl can be, but must not be, a Polynesian wahine. Or she can be of Asian descend, like Vladimir Tretchikoff's models. More often she is a mix of several exotic races, and can even have a dash of oriental heritage. But she is always dark haired, dark eyed, and slightly dark skinned. Her almond eyes are hypnotic, and her gypsy temperament makes her seem dangerous and seductive.

I think Sven is just fishing for a new set of pics.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-20 10:23 pm   Permalink

OK, so we saw some Middle Eastern Exotic Girls. Let's move on to some spicy Latinas (or in some cases, faux Latinas).

Everyone's familiar with this iconic album cover...

That's model Dolores Erickson who's actually covered in shaving cream (real whipped cream would melt under the heat of the photo lamps). Would she qualify as an Exotica girl? Well after the last Tiki Oasis, I might guess Otto would say Yes. I think however the Bigbro would say No. Let's be conservative and call her an Exotic (without the "a") Girl.

With the great success of the Tijuana Brass, there were scores of TJB sound-alikes jumping on that bandwagon. All with their own Exotic album cover girls...

And here's the German version...

Some of these girls have that ambiguously ethnic look that would have made them good candidates to be Exotica (with the "a") Girls.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokoKele
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-20 11:15 pm   Permalink

Wha . . . what happened? Am I having a stroke?

View Profile of KokoKele Send a personal message to KokoKele      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation