FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » The Exotic Girl Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The Exotic Girl Thread
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 12:50 pm   Permalink

When people started posting photos of space ladies in the Exoctica Woman thread, I put together a collection of outer space alien females from Star Trek. But I guess the Extraterrestriallettes don't belong in the Exotica Woman thread and I gotta do somethin' with my collection, so here it is.

[ This Message was edited by: King Bushwich the 33rd 2012-02-24 12:51 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 2:49 pm   Permalink

I have to say my favorite was Angelique Pettyjohn
from the episode "The Gamesters of Triskelion"
I bet 50,000 Quatloos......

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 2:53 pm   Permalink

They should just call this the "massive boner thread".....because I feel a chubby coming on!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 2:56 pm   Permalink

I guess that's not a Phaser in your pocket, Lucas?

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 3:10 pm   Permalink

Nah! I am just happy to see this thread!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 3:50 pm   Permalink

Here's more extra-terrestrial content. This one has 3 degrees of separation from classic Exotica.

Yes, we all know that Martin Denny defined "Exotica" as a genre but where would that be if it wasn't for Les Baxter, who later released this seminal Space-age Pop album…

I often wonder if that album wasn't also notable for introducing the first photographic image of the Green Outer Space Girl.

Green girls are Exotic !!

In the 1960's we later saw them on "Star Trek"…

and on "Lost in Space"…

But I think one of the most exotic (and scariest) green girls was the vampiric "Queen of Blood" in the 1966 AIP flick of the same name…

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 3:57 pm   Permalink

You are right John-O that was a funky flick
a "Green Space Vampire" found on Mars, which also costars Dennis Hopper.

Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 4:08 pm   Permalink

That was actress Florence Marly, by the way.

From the Film "Tokyo Joe"

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 4:10 pm   Permalink

And speaking of vampires, I know that Vampira gets a lot of credit with her Morticia Addams inspired look…

but many feel that Carroll Borland in 1935's "Mark of the Vampire" was actually cinema's first archetype of that classic Goth Girl look…

Vampiresses are Exotic !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 5:15 pm   Permalink

That Les baxter is one of all time favorites. After all, If you are a spaceman landing on another planet...what's the first thing you do?

Cocktail party, of course!

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2012-02-24 17:16 ]

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-25 2:06 pm   Permalink

That Barry Sullivan, he hung out in outer space a lot. Here he is in Mario Bava's "Planet of the Vampires".

Check out the intergalactic black leather fetish wear !!

It's almost as cool as the Controllers from Planet X.

Outer Space Girls in black leather are Exotic !!

(Edited - I meant Barry SULLIVAN, not Nelson. But I guess he wasn't on Star Trek either )

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2012-02-25 15:53 ]

Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-25 2:23 pm   Permalink

John-O, the first pic (From OST episode "By Any Other Name" is actually
Warren Stevens & Barbara Bouchet, Not Barry Nelson.

God now I look like a Trekkie!

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-07 10:05 am   Permalink

We are overdue for some more exotic women so...

Another type of exotic woman comes from the unlikely source of Biblical epic movies. A typical Bible story consists of battling sin and temptation and the makers of the Biblical epic movie want to make sure the viewer knows exactly what sin and temptation are and make a huge effort to show sinful behavior and temptation on the screen.

Solomon and Sheba is a 1959 Biblical epic film and featured Gina Lollobrigida as the Queen of Sheba. This casting decision may not have been too historically accurate but Ms. Lollobrigida can do a good job of being temptation.

Especially to Solomon played by Yul Brynner (with hair!). The film is probably most noted for an orgy scene (Choreographed by Orgy-Sequence Adviser" Granville Heathway) featuring Sheba (Lollobrigida) which was extremely licentious for Hollywood motion pictures of that era.

YouTube: SOLOMON & SHEBA - Dance sequence

Interesting musical score. Wonder what style that is considered?

And if someone wants to make a movie showing wicked and sinful behavior, there is a cornucopia of material in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and someone did in 1962. In the footage below, The Queen of Sodom gets much pleasure watching the exotic dance of exotic woman Mitsuko Takara (as do most of the viewers of the movie).

YouTube: Sodom and Gomorrah Dance

Unfortunately, it looks like Mitsuko Takara was only in this one movie. There is not a whole lot of information about her out there and I do wish I could find more pictures of her (for research purposes of coarse).

YouTube: Sodom and Gomorrah Wickedness Highlights

YouTube: Example of typical male viewers reaction to seeing exotic woman thread

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-07 6:28 pm   Permalink

Great call King Bushwich !!

Biblical tales were always an excuse to provide risque content under the Teflon-proof umbrella of religion. Cecil B. DeMille got away with it in the early 1930's with his "Sign of the Cross" which included...

Visible nipples...

A bound and naked Christian girl about to be ravished by an ape...

As well as suggestive lesbian overtures...

Bible chicks are Exotic !!

And I never really understood why the Middle Eastern aesthetic didn't quite qualify as an Exotica girl.

If we take a look at it's first icon...

This certainly didn't fit the dark haired, dark skinned, Polynesian benchmark that was defined here.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2012-03-08 16:42 ]

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 08:27 am   Permalink

To me, all "exotica" and "exotic" and "Exotique" are completely and totally interchangeable. I find no difference nor distiction in any of it. If the definition of Tiki is something americanized, culturally incorrect, whimsical, and from the mid century.....then that applied to everything from Tiki to atomic age to sci-fi, to biblical epic films. Its all great in my mind!

And this thread may be one of the best ever!

Finest Kind!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation