FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Volcano Bowl???
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Volcano Bowl???
Trader Bob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-29 01:00 am   Permalink

These are so cool
Where can you buy one?

View Profile of Trader Bob Send a personal message to Trader Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-29 09:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-29 01:00, Trader Bob wrote:
These are so cool
Where can you buy one?

You can find old ones in thrift stores, antiques stores, on eBay, or you can order a new one from Dynasty Wholesale:

http://www.dynastywholesale.com/page-5.html

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Bob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-04 1:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks man!
Trader Bob

View Profile of Trader Bob Send a personal message to Trader Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Revbigjohn

Posted: 2010-04-25 7:12 pm   Permalink

Does anyone have a good recipe for this bowl? I love it at my favorite Chinese place but they won't give out the recipe. I'm trying to find one that's close.
Thanks

View Profile of Revbigjohn Send a personal message to Revbigjohn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-31 5:39 pm   Permalink

I just found one of these at a charity shop:

its very large, and the volano is divided up into 2 parts. the top part is like a cup with a small hole in the bottom. and the bottom half of the volcano is like a bowl inside

in the traditional volcano bowls you put alcohol in the center and light that , but what do I do with this? anyone know? is this somekind of dry ice effect that is suposed to be used in it? if so how exactly is that done?

View Profile of Bau Send a personal message to Bau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-05 12:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-31 17:39, Bau wrote:
I just found one of these at a charity shop:

its very large, and the volcano is divided up into 2 parts. the top part is like a cup with a small hole in the bottom. and the bottom half of the volcano is like a bowl inside

in the traditional volcano bowls you put alcohol in the center and light that , but what do I do with this? anyone know? is this some kind of dry ice effect that is supposed to be used in it? if so how exactly is that done?

The reason the volcano is two pieces is :there is an ultrasonic fogger mechanism that
goes in the top .The cord runs in the middle underneath the volcano and underneath
the bowl.You put a little water in the fogger and it atomizes the water and turns
it into a fog effect.It works quite well actually.I have enclosed a picture of one
I have brand new in the box.The bowl holds a ton of grog.Four long straws,four
thirsty people , and viola ...four drunk people.I have an extra one of these brand
new in factory sealed box if anyone is interested .

[ This Message was edited by: 1961surf 2010-09-05 00:57 ]

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 07:31 am   Permalink

Last night my wife and I had dinner at a nondescript Japanese Steakhouse in a stripmall in the burbs. To our surprise, the drink menu listed Mai Tais, Zombies and a Flaming Volcano! "You gotta be kiddin'!" was our reaction when the waiter brought this out! After polishing it off, we found the underside to be marked "Orchids of Hawaii." Looking behind the bar we found more goodies. Could these be vintage? There was no one to ask as we were leaving, but we'll be back. I know Dynasty sells these, but are they still marked OoH?

Bottom line is, they ARE STILL out there!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 11:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-26 07:31, SilverLine wrote:

The bowl on the bottom, right looks like an OMC piece.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 2:21 pm   Permalink

They are all vintage except for the one on the top left that is white and yellow.
The way back right bottom bowl looks like a possible Harvey"s type or Islander
with a more rounded oval lip to it.Orchids of Hawaii definitely vintage !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation