FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Thatch Tiki Bar (Portland OR) for sale?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Thatch Tiki Bar (Portland OR) for sale?
Rum Balls
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 06:13 am   Permalink

Sure looks like it:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bfs/2865113689.html

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 07:54 am   Permalink

Somebody better move fast, it says the lease expires 3/2012!

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 08:54 am   Permalink

Bummer,
I hope they keep it Tiki, whoever buys it.
glad I made it there once.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRenee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-23 2:37 pm   Permalink

Wished they showed more photos from inside the bar.

View Profile of TikiRenee Send a personal message to TikiRenee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-02-23 10:53 pm   Permalink

I have a few interior photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/heylownine/tags/thatchtikibar/

Great bar. We plan to return to Portland soon. I hope it's still there.

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 3:19 pm   Permalink

Well, if that really is Thatch that is up for sale, I'm sorry to see it because who knows what will happen after the sale. The "sunken bar" and "custom made" decor definitely point to Thatch. I do hope it continues as it is. It's a terrific neighborhood bar similar to Forbidden Island. We've been fortunate on the few visits we've made to it that the right mix of employees were there. One of the servers at Thatch, whose name I unfortunately do not recall, is responsible for the perfect music soundtrack we've heard on more than one occasion. It seems that if he's there, his iPod loaded with exotica/lounge/hapa haole is providing the music backdrop. If he's not there... you get what you get.

To be honest, the one thing I do hope new owners will change is the name. "Thatch" is a little uninspired.

Here's hoping it lives on though!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 8:39 pm   Permalink

I wonder if the new Trader Vics opening has hurt business at Thatch?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
20th Century Man
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-24 9:18 pm   Permalink

Heylownine, your photos of the interior are awesome. It's too bad R/E agents Liza and Darryn have decided to post some generic bar and drink images instead of photos like yours that really describe the decor, and appeal, of the place. The only problem is, I want to see more of them!

View Profile of 20th Century Man Send a personal message to 20th Century Man  Email 20th Century Man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-25 05:15 am   Permalink

"To be honest, the one thing I do hope new owners will change is the name. "Thatch" is a little uninspired." -GatorRob-

Some background on the name Thatch:
Opening Tiki bar in Portland, need name

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-25 09:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-25 05:15, woofmutt wrote:

"To be honest, the one thing I do hope new owners will change is the name. "Thatch" is a little uninspired." -GatorRob-

Some background on the name Thatch: Opening Tiki bar in Portland, need name

Quote:

On 2006-02-08 01:36, Robertiki wrote:
Yup, a name has been chosen. One night after getting off work, I stopped by a taco stand and had one too many tongue tacos with way too many onions, and I awoke in the middle of the night and the name came to me.

Robert

Well, at least he didn't call it "Rolaids".

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-26 3:50 pm   Permalink

Pour. Thatch. Eat. Burp. Fart. A little too minimalistic for my tastes.

But the space was designed well. I'll give him that. Except for the lamps all in a row. But that's another conversation...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-26 7:31 pm   Permalink

Wow. I'm not all that hard to get ahold of to answer your questions.

My ex wife never intended to enter the restaurant and or bar biz. She is trying to cash out which she has the right to. If someone wants in half, be an owner operator while drawing a salary, call/text me at 503-267-2800. But do it quick, otherwise this really nice couple wants to turn it into a xxxxxx xxx

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-26 9:32 pm   Permalink

otherwise this really nice couple wants to turn it into a xxxxxx xxx

-------------

????

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-26 10:54 pm   Permalink

It won't be recognizable is all I'm saying. All I need is someone to buy out the ex's half. Be an owner operator, Draw a salary while living the dream. Otherwise, the other option is just shutting her down. Let me know.
robert

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-26 11:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-26 21:32, RevBambooBen wrote:
otherwise this really nice couple wants to turn it into a Hamboo Hen

-------------

????

???

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation