FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » Are You Drinking- Right Now?
Are You Drinking- Right Now?
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-25 3:18 pm   Permalink

Yes

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-26 2:40 pm   Permalink

I was but I seem to have misplaced my drink.
http://now.msn.com/now/0226-monkey-drink-stealers.aspx

View Profile of Tiki Teach Send a personal message to Tiki Teach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-26 3:04 pm   Permalink

oui!

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-26 8:45 pm   Permalink

Yes.
And it worked. Got me through another dreadful Oscars. Why do I bother? Always think, "This year, they'll get back the magic!" What is it... 'The triumph of hope over experience'?

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-26 10:32 pm   Permalink

I am finishing off the last of my new drink. I call it an L.A.

It's a Manhattan with curaçao - what a great combination.

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-28 11:34 pm   Permalink

Yes. Not that it's anyone's business, but I'm having one of Telescope's "L.A."s - an admirable variation of the Manhattan. Though, instead of a cherry, I used an orange slice as garnish.

telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-29 9:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-28 23:34, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Yes. Not that it's anyone's business, but I'm having one of Telescope's "L.A."s - an admirable variation of the Manhattan. Though, instead of a cherry, I used an orange slice as garnish.

Hmmm, another great combination, more orange with bourbon.

I have a quick question for you, do you prefer your manhattan with rye or with bourbon?

My favorite rye is Bullit Rye. My current favorite bourbon is Woodford Reserve. What are your preferences?

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-03 5:49 pm   Permalink

Well, it's tempting to lie, and pretend my tastes are more refined and my wallet is fatter. But I stock Evan Williams bourbon and Old Overholt rye in the home bar. I don't have a strong preference and make Manhattans (and Sazeracs) with rye or bourbon, totally on the whim of the moment. The "L.A" I made was with bourbon, I believe.

This evening, I had a Manhattan and a Sazerac (both w/bourbon), while watching a movie with the wife.

telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-04 8:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-03 17:49, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Well, it's tempting to lie, and pretend my tastes are more refined and my wallet is fatter. But I stock Evan Williams bourbon and Old Overholt rye in the home bar. I don't have a strong preference and make Manhattans (and Sazeracs) with rye or bourbon, totally on the whim of the moment. The "L.A" I made was with bourbon, I believe.

This evening, I had a Manhattan and a Sazerac (both w/bourbon), while watching a movie with the wife.

I must admit, Evan Williams does work well in a Manhattan. Old Overholt rye doesn't really do it for my though.

A Manhattan and a Sazerac. Whew. Were you able to walk ?

telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 6:49 pm   Permalink

Right now, Don Julio 1942.

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 7:36 pm   Permalink

Are You Drinking- Right Now?

Yes.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-20 10:11 pm   Permalink

I think you got it. As a frequent contributor, I'm well acquainted with the "What Are You Drinking- Right Now?" thread. But I figger, sometimes a man (OK, a person), might want to say, Heck, yeah, I'm drinking. But he doesn't want to post alot of fancy details and a picture. Maybe he's drinking something simple, something that doesn't warrant any details, on a tiki site. Straight Bourbon. Malt liquor. Whatever. This is the place to make your statement, without feeling the need to over communicate, or apologize.

(On edit) And, I forgot to answer the main question: Yes

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2012-03-20 22:15 ]

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-08 11:07 pm   Permalink

no. sitting on the toilet.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation