FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Flap's mugs!! Hello out there, just started creating some mugs...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Flap's mugs!! Hello out there, just started creating some mugs...
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 9:14 pm   Permalink

Wow! Great stuff! My favorite is the little blue shot glass!

I see a kiln in one of your pix... do you do your own firing? That's so cool!

Any pix of your tiki carving?

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 9:19 pm   Permalink

Wow! Great stuff! My favorite is the little blue shot glass!

I see a kiln in one of your pix... do you do your own firing? That's so cool!

Any pix of your tiki carving?

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wim"flap"thielemans
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-27 11:21 pm   Permalink

thanks all!
yes i bought a kiln some months ago and i do all the firing myself... ain't easy to figure it all out but one step at a time you know...
when i got enough mugs remade, i'm gonna check you guys for the orders you asked for, feels great to see the interest! thanks again!
(if ya wanna see some of my carvings check 'em @ creating tiki - tiki carving -topic: "Hello out there" Here are some....")
Greetz 'n' Aloha!

View Profile of wim Send a personal message to wim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tavarua Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-01 4:52 pm   Permalink

Aloha Flap, please let me know how to get the Coconut Marq.

View Profile of Tavarua Tiki Send a personal message to Tavarua Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wim"flap"thielemans
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-04 09:54 am   Permalink

hey y'all, had some problems with lots of cracks in the mugs lately, have solved the problem now, so mugs will be send within a few weeks, i'll contact you, don't worry... just opened the kiln and yes, result is NO CRACKS NO MORE! now glazing the outside of all...
cheers!

View Profile of wim Send a personal message to wim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-04 10:52 am   Permalink

If you have cracks in your bisque, don't throw them away. Fill the cracks with paperclay and refire.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-04 12:47 pm   Permalink

There's also a product called Magic Mender that may fix them

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wim"flap"thielemans
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-08 10:03 am   Permalink

Oh wow thanks guys!!! didn't know about those!!! thanks!!
At the moment i'm getting 'em out without cracks, i made the inside glaze, the transparant one not that thick no more, and after firing, they all got out without cracks!!! Happy!!

ebtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-24 12:06 am   Permalink

Love what you're doing, Flap!
Drop me a PM when you get a chance - I'd love to add a mug or two to my collection!

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wim"flap"thielemans
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-10 09:13 am   Permalink

hey y'all tiki lovers! sorry for the major delay over here but illness, tiki events and tiki-orders have been a reason for delay to get all this fixed. I definitely will send my stuff around the world 'cause i appreciate it so much that you appreciate my stuff... but it has been too busy... created some tiki hangers just to test it out if this would work out...and i guess it will! So, in three weeks i got the big hollidays off, 2 months that is, and besides goin' on a major trip with my girlfriend to french polynesia, i'm gonna fix all the request 'bout the mugs here as well! See y'all around and many greetings from Belgium!! Mahalo! Flap

as you can see, new ceramic hangers, hollow on the inside so totally not heavy for a hanger!

wim"flap"thielemans
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-10 11:01 am   Permalink

(ooh yeah, hangers are ceramic! ...hollow on the inside...)

Tavarua Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-10 6:14 pm   Permalink

Awesome stuff Flap, do you know how many ounces or centiliters the hangers can hold?

View Profile of Tavarua Tiki Send a personal message to Tavarua Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wim"flap"thielemans
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-11 09:34 am   Permalink

Hey! Thanks! Well, i checked, and they're so small that it would only be like 15 ml!!
in this pic you see thay ain't that big...

cheers!

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-11 12:47 pm   Permalink

Cute little fellers Flap. Here in the States we would call those "pendants" instead of "hangers"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wim"flap"thielemans
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-25 09:27 am   Permalink

Hi there! have been way too busy goin' on a long holliday to polynesia, carving a haida totem to decorate the school area where i teach, making caustom tiki mugs for aussi buddies..., designing and cutting out my new car sticker,all took me too long! but now i'm back and busy with the new design, the "Flap's RUMMm", a tiki holding it's rum barrel! still testing a few new glazes, here's the first one, but the glaze is not the one i'm gonna use! when i got the official glaze done, i'll post it! greetz!
the haida totem, 3m60!

the new mug...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation