FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Vote the Hideaway best bar and me best bartender
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Vote the Hideaway best bar and me best bartender
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 08:04 am   Permalink

This one takes more than just a click, so if you are of the mind and have a couple of minutes, vote for the Hapa Haole Hideaway as best bar and Swanky and best bartender.

"Mai-Kai: History & Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant" the book

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-05 10:10 am   Permalink

I can do that. Tim, your last name is Glasner? And the Hapa Haole Hideaway goes in the "Best Neighborhood Bars & Pubs" category?

I did notice the rules say you have to vote in 20 categories or your ballot will be discarded.

"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 11:34 am   Permalink

Best Bar actually. It is already in the category, and in the bartender it may be Swanky or Tim Swanky Glazner.

Pick 18 more and you are done!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-05 1:16 pm   Permalink

Found it - done!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 1:23 pm   Permalink

Big thanks!

Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 07:54 am   Permalink

Hey...where is your bar located? My soccer team is going to be playing a championship game in Knoxville next weekend. Sure would be nice to hit a tiki bar for St Patty's day! Do you guys serve food too?

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 08:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-08 07:54, Turbogod wrote:
Hey...where is your bar located? My soccer team is going to be playing a championship game in Knoxville next weekend. Sure would be nice to hit a tiki bar for St Patty's day! Do you guys serve food too?

We are in Knoxville, but, it is my home bar...

Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 09:30 am   Permalink

Sorry, my mistake. The Best of contest threw me. I know years ago you talked about opening a business. I thought this was it. Thanks for the info.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 10:31 am   Permalink

What's the largest group you'll host on a Drop-In basis? And you didn't say if you server food?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 11:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-08 10:31, freddiefreelance wrote:
What's the largest group you'll host on a Drop-In basis? And you didn't say if you server food?

We've had about 20 in the actual bar itself at one time, but it works better with 2-4 guests. We got nuts if you're hungry, but cheese and crackers clean the pallette better between drinks.

thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 12:06 pm   Permalink

how's security?

I've run into trouble before in Old City...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 12:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-08 12:06, thePorpoise wrote:
how's security?

I've run into trouble before in Old City...

Old City is pretty tame these days. But then, I rarely get down there any more in the later hours. But the big dance clubs come and go and so the "trouble" comes and goes.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-08 12:31 pm   Permalink

But are the bathrooms clean? Nothing irritates me more when I'm drunk than whizzing on a dirty bathroom floor!

(Sorry Swank, I couldn't resist )
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 12:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-08 12:31, MadDogMike wrote:
But are the bathrooms clean? Nothing irritates me more when I'm drunk than whizzing on a dirty bathroom floor!

(Sorry Swank, I couldn't resist )

There is a concrete trough in the neighbors yard for the guys. Clean as the outdoors!

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-08 1:22 pm   Permalink

Do you still have these pants?

Can you still fit into them?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation