FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Tiki makeover for 1955 Vintage Travel Trailer
Tiki makeover for 1955 Vintage Travel Trailer
SailorJenny

Posted: 2012-03-05 11:14 am   Permalink

Aloha!

I wanted to share before and after pics of my little "rough-around-the-edges" 1955 travel trailer to document its progress. History: I purchased this little red trailer off craigslist from a man named "Frank" in San Pedro California in Nov 2011, and drove down it back down to San Diego—exciting! considering I know nothing about trailers. Or towing. But figured with a truck. A hitch. And optimism (and courage) I'd be just fine

Here are the BEFORE pics (Frank had decorated in a very LA Route 66 Randy's Donuts theme...gotta admire those matchbox car handle pulls...)

Just a few sneak peak after pics (better photos coming soon):

After alot of paint, sewing, sewing and sewing...and decorating! I've bonded with my first trailer and have found love. Now I'm already thinking about my next purchase...and of course a trailer club

[ This Message was edited by: SailorJenny 2012-03-05 12:33 ]

View Profile of SailorJenny Send a personal message to SailorJenny      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 11:48 am   Permalink

Sweet! Nice job! Very cool, enjoy!

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 12:15 pm   Permalink

that trailer is so cool

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 1:00 pm   Permalink

Me Likey!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-05 1:02 pm   Permalink

Very nice ~ "cool" color scheme. You taking it to Mojave Oasis?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marion-n-brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-05 1:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks or bringing it on the home crawl, it was totally cool! I enjoyed my tour and got inspired by the nice job you have done so far.
see ya soon........Brad and Marion

View Profile of marion-n-brad Send a personal message to marion-n-brad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCalTikiGal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-05 2:38 pm   Permalink

The transformation has been amazing!

View Profile of SoCalTikiGal Send a personal message to SoCalTikiGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-05 2:59 pm   Permalink

Love it and the color is great...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 3:00 pm   Permalink

Great looking trailer! and as an FYI, those be Hot Wheels, Not Matchbox. lol I like the new look a lot

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SailorJenny

Posted: 2012-03-05 3:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone! So great seeing you all and happy I could share Mojave Oasis...I wish! I'm still learning about it, however I think the trailer spots are sold out? Maybe next year? I will definitely be at Tiki Oasis this summer Hilarious re: the hotwheels...Ha! There is so much I have yet to learn

View Profile of SailorJenny Send a personal message to SailorJenny      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jcorrigan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-07 3:01 pm   Permalink

That's fantastic! Love the chosen colors! I think I might 'borrow' that bluish teal (is it teal?) color for my fridge at the cabin once I'm done painting the kitchen yellow...

View Profile of jcorrigan Send a personal message to jcorrigan  Email jcorrigan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation